First two games on this evening, a leaver on both

This is still happening very frequently.
Progress is ranking up is being lost by the game not cancelling due to a leaver/thrower in the game.

Leavers won’t stop your progression over a season.

Leavers mean you don’t lose MMR from that game. So you gain later.

You should know this by now.

1 Like

You drop SR, so it does affect the season.

No, as your peak SR is what counts at the end. So it literally doesn’t matter.

Your MMR won’t be impacted, so not only will your next game be slightly easier, you will always gain more than you lost if you perform.

So no real impact.

I’m surprised you can’t understand that logic.

If you’re worrying about SR after every game, you’re not going to climb anyway. Your focus is on the wrong thing.

We see the SR, that is impacted.
I worry for a fair game, a fair competitive match. Something Blizzard are still not doing.

The impact shouldn’t be there.

You clearly aren’t reading.

Your season peak is the one you are rewarded for. So losing is of little relevance, other than it might take you a game or 2 more to push that peak further.

Your MMR is key to your climb. That is not impacted when someone leaves. Thus, when you lose, you are able to recover that lost SR quickly.

That is how they compensate you and say sorry for the leaver. It is not that difficult to understand.

As far as the match maker is concerned your match is perfectly fair. The match maker cannot predict the future, it doesn’t know if you are going to walk in a straightline, or position badly, or if someone DC’s or rage quits, or if someone just pops the F off.

You are complaining about things that are totally out of your control. It is like you getting mad because it is raining outside. There’s nothing you can do, you just have to work round the challenges that are presented to you.

I did read it. I am unsure where you’re getting the informating that I clearly wasn’t reading.

You are right though that its out of my control. But detailing the issue on here may one day achieve something

Because if you were reading and understanding it would be clear.

Yes you’d be annoyed when someone leaves (we all are, that’s normal). But you know the emphasis is now on you to get your head down and win the next game.

And if you read what I typed and have the capacity to understand what I’m saying, you’ll understand that I disregarded what you typed. You are providing no proof in what you’re typing.

Correct, on the emphasis, that’s all I can do. In the meantime, hopefully these posts are recognised in the future. Thanks :slight_smile:

Because I don’t need to prove it, it is commonly known as they explained it ages ago.

If you want to disregard factual information, that is your issue not mine.

I am not the one crying when someone leaves a video game lol. I am the one that knows there are systems in place to compensate for your loss, and that in the end it is just a video game. It doesn’t matter what your SR is.

Unsure how you thought I was crying at the time, you must be really be emotional to cry over such things, not everyone is like you.

I’m disregarding what you’re saying, nothing here is referenced.

Correct, my SR doesn’t matter to you. To me, it does.

It matters to you through some misplaced idea of achievement. They’ve literally explained in the past SR works the way it does to give people an artificial pat on the back to make them feel like they’ve achieved something. When in reality, your MMR is the true reflection of your “skill” and chances are that didn’t change when you won.

Because you won’t be bright enough to find this yourself, I’ll paste what was said below…

Skill Rating and Hidden MMR

Jeff Kaplan

Game Director

Jan 4, 2018

01/04/2018 02:31 PM - Posted by steelman

"I’m a player who has only played less than 10 games in Diamond in all seasons. Whenever I play 4v4 Deathmatch, the enemy team always has Grand Masters. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

MMR works very similarly to SR. There are some minor differences that make it feel worse though, when you just watch that number. For example, it’s possible to win a match and not gain any MMR. We make it so that if you win a match, you always gain SR – even if it’s just a little bit – to feel psychologically rewarding. But MMR’s entire goal is creating fair matches – which isn’t always fun to look at and certainly not “rewarding” for players looking for pats on the back or a sense of progression. So SR “chases” your MMR very closely, except in a rare case of severe SR decay at GM/Masters/Diamond level of play."

:clown_face: unsure where you’re getting my, in this case, dimness from. The fact you thought your post is relevant shows how thick you must be.

It appears that posted that on a US forum rather than linking it into the EU, and other forums which is abit of a mishap on their behalf, hopefully they’ll be more informative to the wider world in the OW2.

I’m afriad that doesn’t answer anything to do with leavers, as another doesn’t post also on that huge Player > Dev response page, they’re just saying its still an issue.

Scott Mercer

Principal Designer

Mar 3, 2017

Posted by CoffeeGirl

This is fantastic news, however the issue of trolls, leavers, and smurfs/derankers/throwers…has not been addressed. Would this be looked at in the future?

Oh, handling leaving is still high on our list of things to improve. It’s just a very, very difficult problem to solve in a way that the solutions don’t cause more problems than they solve, or that couldn’t be potentially exploited for SR gain. We have to be way more “mean” that we’d normally like to be to prevent exploits and discourage even worse behavior.

As Jeff mentioned back all the way back at Blizzcon, we’re still working to improve our player reporting to better identify and handle trolls and intentional throwers. Players intentionally deranking to misrepresent their skill (which does create unfair matches) is also definitely on our radar.

While I know a perfect Overwatch utopia of positive, communicative, teammates who’ll gladly play the tank or support when needed is a not completely realistic final goal, there’s still definitely room for a lot of improvement.