FPS Drop to 15, doesn't go back. (Post Halloween Patch 2020)

After the Halloween patch my frames have been dropping to exactly 15 fps, and after they drop they don’t come back. Tried restarting the game, and closing Battlenet launcher but they eventually drop again after restarting the game. A day before this started happening the game would freeze frame for a second or two and then go back to normal.

Video settings are mostly on low, FPS is set to 144.

3 Likes

My machine is able to run this game on high ar 1080p and prior to the holloween update it ran perfectly fine. Tbis is the only game that does this and yes ive even ruled out my internet. Nothing I do helps and im running the most recent nvidia drivers.

PS: I use DDU on my machine all the time so when I see a driver update is available I go right into safe mode and nuke my current driver. Its a bit of a task but I just never have luck with nvidiad built in clean install option.

1 Like

Same thing here for years I’ve been playing on even ultra settings (I usually only do low) at a good 120-140 consistently no lag spikes no stuttering. but the last 2 months Its been unplayable. A lot of people in my friend group are having the same issue. One of them is actually a IT professional and he has a beast of a system. Yet he’s having the same issues. Does anyone have any answers for me on how to fix this? I’ve done everything on that page that gives you like 6 ways to fix stuff. none of them worked

Yep pretty much the same problem here. When starting the game and joining the first lobby, the first few minutes are a literal slideshow. Any skills being used by me or around me make it worse. Then after a few minutes it improves, sometimes it even goes away completely, sometimes it just gets stuck at 100fps instead of 200, and not a stable 100fps either, just a total mess. I though my pc was dying but I am glad it’s not just me :slight_smile:

This is what fixed it for me:

1. Go to GeForce Experience > Drivers.
  2. Click the three dots with an arrow pointing up beside it, and then Reinstall Driver.
  3. Select Custom Installation, and be sure to tick the box which says “Clean Install”.
  4. Wait for the re-installation to complete, and the issue should be fixed.

If this helped let me know. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like