Fps Lag From no where

Yesterday, I was streaming Overwatch on high settings, with google chrome open getting roughly 60-70 fps. Today, I start up the game and get about 10-20 in a fight. I made all the settings low, and if I have anything open it gets worse. I tried updating my drivers and they were all up to date. From what it looks like, Overwatch isn’t using enough memory for it to run at a good enough framerate. Any advice?

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb. My memory is 16gb of ddr4. Cpu is AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor

2 Likes

Dude mine is worse i have GTX 1080 Ti (11GB) I7-8700K 240Hz monitor 1Ms When i got my pc I had with Max settings around 250/300 fps now in team fight I get around 110/90 fps you can feel the lagg badly, i report this to mine pc shop they said ur pc dont have any problem i also asked help to blizzard admims they also give me view BS reason while my pc is not even 1 years old. they think we are bill gates to buy new pc every month.

Hello,

I’m sorry to read about the FPS issue in Overwatch, to sort please try and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If the problem persists we would need to see your MsInfo file and a WinMTR trace as well, you can paste the result on Pastebin and copy the link here using the preformatted text option ( </> )

I’m having similar issues.
Random FPS drops in games, specially during CTF Bliz, but not limited to. It goes from a normal 70 FPS to as low as 20 FPS.
It started since the last update (new event).

Have done the troubleshooting, resolved nothing. Internet is stable.

Got the same problem, when i have to pick champ i got 200-300 fps but when come in to game i get down to 25-60 fps…

and Vram in game also over the roof, normally only 700 to 800mb. now at least 2000mb

I’ve been getting the same sheit, first my ping(ms) went from 20 to 40 and some games it dances between 70-40 every 10 seconds. I contacted my internet provider but no problems there.
Now I get fps drops with graphics on low and render on 75%, but before I could run this mf on ultra at 144 fps no problem.

I have repaired games files and reinstalled it but that did nothing too.
I only have this problem with Overwatch and I built my pc 2 months ago.

What’s up with that Blizz ?

Hello,

If you guys already followed all the instructions above please post your diagnostic files as requested so we can check each case and help