Free Trial Period needs to be communicated!

Especially since the CrossPlay update, I wanted to try to get some of my friends on (different) consoles to join me (PC) in some games. But on console shops the game is still at 40-70€ because you can only buy the “Legendary Edition”. And that is too much money for a 5y old game if they havent played/tested it yet and dont know if they will like it or not. Plus in times like these where games get released for free and hide most content behind massive paywalls, its hard to convince this generation of gamers to pay 40-70€ up front in order to try it. (I personally dont like "Free"ToPlay titles, because the paywalls are way higher, but others really do.)

Anyways, I was looking for a free trial period for at least the end of 2020 and only found out about the free trial periods AFTER they were happening…
They maybe happen once or twice a year, and there is no mention about it before or during that time.
No announcement of it in the Blizzard mails.
No announcement of it on the “PlayOverwatch” Twitter.
No announcement of it here in the forums.
No announcement of it in game.

How am I supposed to know about it?
I only check the news randomly about it and unluckily enough find out about too late.

I wish there was a clear communication and announcement BEFORE it happend on channels people would actually find it.

If you go to cdkeys you can get it on Xbox for £15.

Not an answer as such, but it’s a good place to get games cheaper.

I know you can get the games cheaper on such (not 100% safe) sites, but the issue is that I have some younger friends who really only play free2download / free2play titles and spend a lot of money on these games afterwards. They dont invest in a game before they were able to play it.

One friends spends like 50€ and more in Fortnite every month… I asked him if he would save it for one month and buy Overwatch instead. But he wouldnt do it. Sadly even when they game was just 15€ on all plattforms I couldnt convince a single one to buy it, because they WONT buy without trying.

You can get a free trial, but that’s it.

G2A is the best site, If its a scam the reviews and rating swill say so, just look at the reviews and you’ll never get scammed.

Greetings @Melfice, game was free to play meny times,since 2018/2019,just month ago,game was 10euros only,if u don’t have 10euros idk what to say.I said in one post,the game that u love is not to much to spend up to 100e,as I said game was meny times 2-3 days free to play for all,there was a chance for try.

You seem to missing the point of the post and didn’t really give an answer or a suggestion.

1. It’s not a case of the op having money, it’s a case of ops friends don’t want to pay for something they may not like.

2. Yes, it has had free trials, the op even mentions them. What you left out is the lack of awareness around them. There is no announcements.

All you did with your response was judge the ops financial situation and suggest he spend more money on a game that doesn’t get worked on anymore.

4 Likes

In the school,when I miss the answer,or when I don’t do good task,my teacher said : ‘‘Again’’.When I miss,teacher repeat ‘‘Again’’,why?Bcs teacher know that I know the task,but am not focusing enought what am doing,I don’t put any positive energy to finish the task.Same advice for you,but this time as Hanzo said: ‘‘AGAIN!’’ (read previous post)

Agree with OP. Some more communication about this would be nice. In fact, sorry to add insult to injury, there was a free trial only a couple of weeks ago which i only found out by accident.

I’d at least expect Blizzard to announce the free trial periods on their social networks.

They do. Every single time

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest mate, I struggle enough reading this one to go back.
So how about I say this again, you didn’t suggest anything other than spending more money on a dying game.

You do not undrstend the word ‘‘Death’’,and most of all,if you want to see how the death game looks like,go chek league of legends.However,let’s say u are in right,let’s just imagine that,now,why you are yet here if u think like that,why you not leave community to work their job,there is alot people who asking for help,who want to share something good,but yet am wasting time with you here.I mean don’t get me wrong,but I saw 2-3 people like you who share simular or same opinnion but yet they are here and in game as well.Is not hard to be nice,in order to say somebady culture being ruin,you have to chek first your.I do not want argue with you here,this is place where people often seek for the help,and is unique and I love it,bcs some games outside of Blizzard Activision dosn’t have forum,but they are ‘‘Gigant’’.My friendly advice for you,be nice and positive and everyone will like it,I will be the first one in that point.

Last free trial. Link it please.

1 Like

You want me to trawl through their social media?? Ok.

1 quick search on Google. Last one was Christmas time.

He’s wrong, again. They didn’t post about a free trial on their Twitter or Facebook page. They just spoke about Winter Wonderland. :man_shrugging:

Prove it.

I have the article from Forbes talking about it, and screenshots from battlenet advertising it.

h ttps://www.forbes.com/sites/krisholt/2021/12/20/you-can-play-overwatch-for-free-during-the-holidays/

(Funny that he has me on ignore, so has to go well out of his way to make that comment, and gets it all wrong lol)

Firstly, simply go on their social media and have a look. (Not hard), the OP was right, they didn’t post about it at all.

Secondly, really, having to go to “Forbes” website for confirmation, isn’t really exposing the free trial, since you’d have to go to that website to check, which is unrelated to Blizzard. So yes, you can find the answer if you google it typing “When’s the Overwatch free trial?”, but why would you randomly do that. Blizzard should announce it on their platforms so people are aware? Which is the whole point of advertisement. :tipping_hand_man:

Thirdly, yes, I have you on ignore, but I can still see your messages when people quote you. (Genius), making yet more assumptions saying I’m wrong, when I even checked myself. Blizzard didn’t announce the free trial on their social networks, period.

I’m sorry you’re not the brightest spark, but there you have it. So before you start replying to me knowing full well I have you on ignore, spouting false rubbish (Again), you might actually want to get your facts right instead of linking an American website not many people that play Overwatch go on or have heard of. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You are aware they will give this information to different new outlets for various reasons.

Also, it’s the first link when you search “overwatch free weekend” so hardly a stretch to get to. Plus Forbes are one of the biggest news outlets out there.

That’s false information. When I’m quoted you’ll see “ignored content” and you’ll have to go even further out of your way to see it. Just add me and chat to me if you’re that keen to see what I’ve said.

As Ive said twice now GOOGLE SEARCH. If that’s too much of a time sink for someone. Then I sympathise with you, that schedule has got to be stressful.

Forbes isn’t a social network of Blizzard which we were talking about.

1 Like