Game Crashes = Suspension

Hi there,

So for some reason my OW seems to crash with the same issue, ‘rendering device is closed’ and I have not been able to find the solution to this. My hardware is fine and not faulty, and I’ve updated my drivers plus also done DDU to restart them to see if that was the issue but the crash keeps coming back.
Usually this isn’t an issue since I restart the game and it is fine for the rest of the night (it usually happens when I first start the game and then once restarted it’s fine) but recently I started playing comp and it’s happened a few times now where I’d start a match but the game crashes once and then I try to rejoin and sometimes it works but other times the game crashes twice and then I’m suspended for 10 minutes. Obviously 10 mins isn’t too bad even though it’s not my fault but I don’t want this continuous thing to lead to a permaban if that’s possible or just any bad reflection on my account.
So I’m asking for either Blizz to take client crashes into account when someone leaves a comp game and let them rejoin instead of suspending them or offer some advice on how to fix my issue.

SPECS:
GTX 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Win10

Hello Tanaka,

I would recommend checking this sticky thread and following all the steps:

This error can be a bit difficult to diagnose via forum, since it can be caused by many different reasons and some of them are related to hardware. That’s why it’s important that you try all the steps.

About the penalties, I’m afraid we can’t modify how the system works. The system can’t really discern reliably if you’re getting disconnected because of a technical issue, or leaving the game on purpose. So, to avoid abusing, the system treats everyone that leaves a match in the same way. You can read a message from Jeff Kaplan about this here; it’s more about disconnections, but the same philosophy applies.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!