Game Goes to a Black Screen when launched, and then promptly returns to the Battle.net launcher

I found another thread that spoke of the same topic, and also saw people with the same issue being told to make their own thread for their own specific issue. I have posted my system information into pastebin, and here is the link:

https:// pastebin. com/MvGq6LBc

(Minus the spaces as trying to post this is telling me I cannot post links, so just remove the spaces and that would be the link.)

I did have to delete some lines, according to the Battle.net “Obtaining System Files” page. I have tried just about everything I could find to try and solve this, which includes deleting Razer products, decreasing my resolution, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher, as well as disabling all start-up items for the laptop. I have also turned off all in-game overlays, which includes Discord and Geforce Experience.

1 Like

You have a lot of errors with your graphics card driver.

Try using a tool called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to fully remove all gfx drivers and then reinstall the latest from the Nvidia website.

1 Like

Hello Dfarr13,

I would very highly suggest that you also try the steps mentioned in this article and disable any kind of overlays that you may have.

I had tried that previously and it hadn’t worked, rechecked to see if there were any other overlays that I missed and there were not. I also did the aforementioned DDU , choosing the Clean and restart option (which was highly recommended. Game still crashes.

1 Like

Hi there Dfarr13,

Thanks for providing your MSInfo already in your original post. Having a look there are a few different programs running that could cause this, although from the most recent Windows Error Reporting the crashes are all referencing the same specific driver.

Did you recently update your graphics drivers before the issue started? Could you give it a try with an earlier version as well? If it’s still not working, please include a fresh MSInfo as well recorded after the re-testing. Thanks!

Took me forever to respond but here it is, if I have not done something correctly then I apologize! I redownloaded a driver from November of 2019, when I believe is the last time I played the game and had it working. https:// pastebin. com/aW2qsgpY

Again, apologies if it does not work, hopefully this is the right information.

This worked for me when my screen was going black while opening Modern Warfare.

How exactly did you do it, if you don’t mind? Because I chose all available options and even removed Nvidia files and redownloaded them, yet it still doesn’t work:/

mine is also doing the same thing and ive done everything this thread says and still no luck

Same here. Even done the DDU and uninstalled all Nvidia files. At this point I’m contemplating whether the game is even worth this much trouble man lmao

i have the same problem its been like a year and still … sigh