Game keep crashing at start

Hello,

I had an update on Overwatch when I started battle.net a few minutes ago and now everytime I try to start the game it goes on the connecting server screen and then when it says “entering game” it crash. The game was working yesterday but last night I updated my nvidia graphic driver, maybe it’s because of this?
Here is the code I got on the Blizzard error window :
25201C5A-1340-4032-B3A6-61373DBAFA9D

I already tried scan and repair but it said there was nothing to repair.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hi, NegiNoYami! o/

There was just an update a few minutes ago, just as you said, but we don’t have reports of this causing any issues (of course, it could be just too soon to tell).

The error you are getting though is an Access Violation error. This usually means that there’s something outdated. If you just updated your Nvidia drivers, then let’s check for Windows updates. Be sure to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, just in case.

If that doesn’t work, can you try to do a clean installation of your Nvidia drivers, to make sure nothing went wrong with the installation? You can download the driver itself from Nvidia’s page, and use a program like DDU to uninstall the one you have currently installed. Then just run the installer you downloaded earlier.

Today’s update is trully a piece of art.
Not only voice chat stopped working for most of people.
Now it’s also crashing game upon entering a ranked mode <3

2 Likes

Upon entering ANY mode, really. QP here, did one game fine, then it started crashing.
My drivers were good at the first game, Blizzard. Stop deflecting.

2 Likes

Might wanna try to change your position in chair, it may cause disturbance in Feng shui required for proper server connection too.

3 Likes

After the patch, the game also began to crash after choosing a hero.
System: Ryzen 3900x / 1080ti / Window 10 build 1909

Didn’t you read? It MUST be your system. /s

1 Like

It keeps crashing for me as well: Error Code: C8CFD900-D920-4030-891F-6810A9D62DF1

• Scanned and repaired.
  • everything is up to date
3 Likes

I have the same problem.
9996CB7C-9380-4913-AB9D-73C2A510D401

1 Like

I was playing minutes before the update and now I have this error every time I try to start up after the Entering game start up screen
41F76BE3-4BAF-47EC-9488-14215B7B40DA

2 Likes

It fixed for me by switching back to ENG Sound pack. :slight_smile: Just let you guys know.

4 Likes

Mongtard fix the update please

Please stop doing this

1 Like

its true go back to ENG and the game is fine

changing back soundpack to English fix the error. looks like it has something to do with new addition of bastion sound. but come on blizz, this shouldn’t be a problem in the first place

1C91565B-2713-44F0-8C5A-D97E6121AC33 same issue…

Blue post on US forums.