Game lagging after a couple of matches

So It has not always been like this, but recently I am experiencing fps drop while playing overwatch. After a couple of matches it starts getting worse and worse, until game literally starts freezing and unfreezing.

I am using a plugged in laptop “ROG Zephyrus M (GM501)” with an Intel® Core™ i7-8750H and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070
8GB GDDR5 VRAM with 16 GB of ram. The game is installed on my ssd drive M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 512GB. I tried doing a fresh reinstall of the game, and having my settings on medium or low does nothing to improve the problem. I am only experiencing this problem with Overwatch. All other games on full settings no problem.

Hey Artonn

My first thought with this is that you might be running into thermal throttling, as usually a symptom of that is that it starts out fine, but gets worse the more you play. It’s also something that’s a bit more common with laptops due to their more compact nature meaning there’s a bit less cooling performance than on a larger PC.

So what I’d suggest first and foremost is to check for overheating.

Have you set “Reduce Buffering” setting on? It bugs after you alt-tab, so you have to turn it off, apply, and turn it on again. If you don’t care about that setting, just turn it off.