Game randomly crashing: D966BB58-0746-4B91-9C25-75E87BCB17AC

It’s now the fourth or fifth time my game has crashed while playing and I can’t keep going before the penalties get too high. There seems not to be a pattern except that it seems to happen since last update.

This is the latest code. I sadly forgot to save the other ones.
D966BB58-0746-4B91-9C25-75E87BCB17AC

If you need more info please let me know.

I saw that Razer Software can cause problem and deactivated it with no improvement. Other than that I am at a loss. Everything is on its latest version and other games run just fine.

I’ve had a crash a few times myself on pc.
First time it just closed my game and booted me to desktop with the error message.
The second time my game just froze and computer got unresponsive so i had to restart it.

I have no programs running at the same time as the game.

The only connective factor between the crashes was me trying to guardian angel to safety as i got killed by a nanoboosted tank.

Hey there

Flololan:

I looked up the crash report from the ID you provided and saw this:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading from 0x0000000000000050

Crashing Thread (ID: 23824)
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FB9E58D9>("amdxx64.dll")
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FBAF60B0>("amdxx64.dll")
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FBA2F600>("amdxx64.dll")
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FBA3BD0F>("amdxx64.dll")
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FBA3BEB9>("amdxx64.dll")
DBG-ADDR<00007FF8FC621A82>("amdxx64.dll")

Looks like there is an issue between the game client, Windows and the GPU. Access violation means the game requested access to read/write to a system resource (typically memory on the system or gpu) and windows said no.

The causes could be corrupt/out of date drivers, corruption of the game client/settings or a software conflict. (In rarer cases there can be larger OS/Hardware level issues but most of the time its something simpler)

Try reinstalling your GPU drivers getting them directly from AMD then do the following to cleanup any potentially corrupted data on the system:

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Right click Windows Start
  2. Open File Explorer
  3. Open Documents
  4. Delete the Overwatch folder and empty the Recycle Bin.

(This will delete any unsaved/saved highlights so if you wish to preserve those, save and then move them from the videos folder before deleting the OW folder.)

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Blizzard Support - Repairing Battle.net Games

Try running your system in selective startup mode: Blizzard Support - Closing Background Applications

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

2 Likes

Thanks for your Info. I was planning to reinstall Windows anyway so I’ll take a look at that.

Concerning opening a ticket. I actually tried that in order to give you msinfo etc. but your api always gives back a 500-error making it impossible to send the contact-form. I have tried on different days with different browsers on different regions. It’s always your API responding with 500.

This may either be that the MSInfo was not exported and is in the NFO format, or the MSInfo file is too large and needs to be reduced, which can be done by deleting several lines of the Windows Error Reports at the bottom of the textfile.