GDPR and suspensions

Can an EU citizen invoke GDPR to request Blizzard for evidence/daata for bans that occur due to their automatic system? Has anyone looked into it?

(I’m not from Russia, I just like hardbass memes)

yes they can

trying to get blizzard to comply is a different matter all together… last time I checked us plebs can’t really afford the high price lawyers it would take to take them to the European supreme court

all you will get from the customer “lack of” service staff is some copy pasta along the lines of

"thanks for being a jacka**, we are not permitted to release any data we hold regarding reports, we have looked into the issue (they haven’t) and won’t be overturning your ban, any further inquiries will be ignored

yours laughably
Some blizzard shill"

Even with evidence thet will not look into your case!
I got banned for “Violation: Disruptive Gameplay” when I wasnt playing for a month and they banned me for a forum post for quoting science about genders.
I had to make 5 tickets to ask them what “Disruptive Gameplay” I’ve dont ingame to be banned from playing the game.
A moderator got offended and slaps me with “Disruptive Gameplay” ban and when I wanted first to know why I was banned for “Disruptive Gameplay” what did I do ingame the support just closed my tickets, I made another 5 until the 6th support told me I banned for the forum post not for game sabotage.
I asked them 2 things.
Were in code of conduct does ban users for quoting basic science?
Second I wanted to appeal the ban reason “Disruptive Gameplay” since the reason is false they did nothing.

You can can give them any sort of video evidence, they never will look into it, worst support.
Look how vague they act on my ticket:
Violation: Disruptive Gameplay

There is vague email to inform me that I was suspended for “Disruptive Gameplay” and I wanted clarification what in the world is going on when I havent played the game for such a long time so I’ve made an Appeal penalty ticket.

The Appeal penalty ticket was “resolved” by Quraigemu again providing me no reason why I got “Violation: Disruptive Gameplay” and he said “We have already sent an email with more details but can inform you that the suspension will last until 2020-01-03 22:11:02 CEST”

Can any of you do what I requested?
I dont care until what time it last, I asked the reason why I got “Disruptive Gameplay”
If this is how you guys do your job then you arent better that bot.
Again why did I got Disruptive Gameplay ban?
I dont care the duration of it, I want proper explanation as why?

Their response:
Ritorack
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and I’m sorry to confirm that the Overwatch account in question is currently under a temporary suspension due to a breach of our game policies. An email has previously been sent with more details regarding the matter but I can inform you that the suspension will expire after 2020-01-03 22:11:02 UTC.

He still gives me most useless information as the email gave me!
Nothing about the forum post!

This video explains how good they are !

2 Likes

yep. that video sums up the exact experience that I had when I appealed a suspention for “Abusive chat”

despite never ever EVER!!! using any form of chat in the game…

and its exactly the reason I will never ever be spending any money with blizzard ever again

Its basically a loop.
They give a “general” statement about the type of suspension:

• harassment “you said something”
  • disruptive behaviour “you did something we/other players dont like”
  • third program “you had something open that helps you in game?”

If you ask for specifics, like the sentence, or the behaviour that was reported or the program that triggered the suspensions, its not going to happen. It makes sense for legit offenses but if you suspend someone, in that suspension time, you should think about what you did and “rehabilitate”.

… its hard to erase or correct behaviours that you dont even know what they are :rofl: