Getting muted for trying to become a better played

I recently got muted for being ‘toxic’. That is because whenever i’m playing comp I like to inform my teammates that they would be better of playing another character. Most of these guys report me after, for abusive voice chat. I must say that they sometimes get to hear rather bad words. But to my defence it is after getting trash talked myself.

Have u tried to stop doing it? Maybe that’ll solve ur problems

4 Likes

Context doesn’t matter for blzrd. It doesn’t matter if they start the trash talk and you just defend yourself with the wrong words.
It also doesn’t matter if you are not even toxic at all, all it takes to be muted is enough amount of reports.

3 Likes

such a shame we can’t hear what you said. I’m 100% sure you’re a toxic league brat who got what he deserves.

1 Like

There is a reason you can switch character. I wish players would learn to do it more

You should never tell someone that they should swich their hero. It might not be directly toxic but it not nice.

Shame.

Why not, telling someone to switch may actually help them learn the game or realize that a hero they are better at is available to pick.

If they are playing something like Pharaha and are constantly being shot out the sky by a 76 you should say “Hey Paharah, can you switch so 76 isn’t constantly killing you? Maybe Junk?” Chances are they might change to junk or swap position with another player. Eg. “I’m not good at x hero, but if you want I can swap to rein if you can play them”

You’re not forcing them to do anything they don’t want, you are just providing feedback on the situation, that’s how an effective team works. Someone notices something and they feed it back to either the team or affected player.

Another example is getting killed and seeing that the enemy zen isn’t close to having trance so telling your Zarya, “Hey, you have graviton and their zen is not even close to trans, let’s take advantage of that”

Telling people to switch (almost) never works. Never specify - always generalize, because:
a) you will tilt the player
b) you will tilt the team
c) you will get reported

That pharah knows that she’s being killed by the enemy soldier, better than you. IF you tell her to switch directly, she’s likely to either stay that hero, leave chat, and /or mute/ report you.

Being toxic is not a defense, because someone else did it first. That is like saying “i should get away with killing his mother, cause he killed mine”. Toxicity is against the rules, if you are found to be incredibly toxic, whether someone trash talked you a bit to start with, then you are getting muted.

Also i cannot in my life believe, that all cases of your toxicity, wasn´t you starting off and you also making it worse. Just from this post it seems a lot like you are completely unaware, that your opinion on, what your team should play is also not that supportive at all and that “Bad words” are not allowed.

1 Like