Golden weapons on hero exp./playtime

One should not be able to buy golden weapons with competitive points. Instead, a golden weapon should be unlocked after X amount of time (in comp. mode?) with a certain hero. In this case golden weapons become indicators for someone’s experience with a certain hero.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Fair idea.

They’ve always said they regretted adding gold weapons

1 Like

Nice idea.

I think they should expand the weapon colouration mechanic too, have different levels of achievements that reward you with different colours that correspond to the rank you’re playing the hero at - bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond and then something wierd for master and grandmaster like glow-in-the-dark or an animated rainbow effect.

Have the higher tiers award the all the previous tiers ofc.

2 Likes

True, honestly these days the value of a golden gun is pretty much nonexistent

1 Like

I don’t understand why they kept the system for OW2 though if they regretted it in OW1.

1 Like

It was probably more trouble to remove it, since OW2 is mostly just copy-pasted OW1.

Plus I’m sure someone would complain about losing cosmetics.

I’d rather gold weapons be earned from doing a meta achievement/challenge or something like that. All the current system does is encourage people that don’t want to be a team player but want the shiny to feel forced to play comp which results in a bad experience for those who want to try to climb.

1 Like

gold weapons shouldn’t have been a thing period because it’s not a measure of anything.

For some reason, people with amazing ideas don’t work at Blizzard. It’s worrying at this point.

Golden weapons dont look that good without golden skin anyways .
The only golden weapon i have got uptil now is for widowmaker cuz it looks good with scorpion skin

1 Like

I guess you’re right,golden weapons should be unlock under experience lvl.haha,i only got 8hrs of playing.i’ma newbie ":smiley:

I think there’s a correlation between the two considering Blizzard’s pay, work environment and ethics lol

Nice idea tbh, I vouch for this.