Handed GM1 after decay removal. Please demote me

My support rank was increased from masters 4 to grandmaster 1 after the removal of decay. Masters 4 was my highest ever rank for that role and I only won 5 games in all of season 3. Additionally, my tank rank went from masters 5 to grandmaster 5. The only time I ever reached GM before this was in the last day of season 3 in open queue.

I understand that ranks were adjusted to match MMR, but this is clearly wrong. As nice as it would be to say I was grandmaster in these roles, I only just made it to masters in them and am now hopelessly outmatched. I didnt play for a lot of the season so I did end up decaying, but only by 2 or 3 sub-divisions. I just don’t understand why my support has been promoted by 8 and my tank by 5 sub-divisions. Especially at such a high rank.

I have zero experience playing against grandmasters and am just a liability for my teammates in GM - especially those in GM1. Additionally, I now cant play with friends because of the difference in our ranks which conpletely takes the fun out of the game for me.

I’ve played this game for 6 years and after all that time trying to work my way up to the highest rank with friends, I’ve now just been handed it myself with no experience in the rank and without the friends I play literally ever comp game with.

I’d like to be put in contact with someone from the dev/accounts team who can return my ranks to what they were before the removal of decay. I’d like my tank, damage and support roles to be demoted the ranks they were at the end of season 3.

I understand this is asking a lot but I doubt I’ll continue to play if this isn’t resolved. The game just isn’t fun for me at the moment.

Sent a support ticket to blizzard support instead of making a forum post, you’ll have better chance of getting actual help.

I did. They told me to make a forum post :confused:

There’s nothing that the forum can do to help you though, so you have to send an actual support ticket since proper support staff are different from the forum moderators.

The support system has that “feedback” option of posting on the forum but you just have to find a way to get actual help. Either from account support or something similar.

Is there a phone number I can call? A live chat?

I’m not sure as i’ve never needed either of those.

You can get into touch with an actual employee by going to support, from there to account and tap the “contact support” button.
From there you can choose the “not listed here”.

Most overwatch related support threads do lead back to the forums, but the account support will forward your issue to the relevant people.

Yeah those are the guys who told me to come to the forum lol. Thanks anyway. Hopefully blizzard can revert the change.