How Serious Does Blizzard Take Sexism/Discrimination?

Hi!

As a girl into gaming, I’ve had many encounters with sexism in the past/present/probably future and recently I’ve decided to report people on their behaviour as I feel like it is rude and inappropriate to call girls/boys/whoever out based on any sort of difference.
I just feel like when I report people on this, nothing ever happens with the persons I have reported and they can just go on and harrass the next person they find.

How serious does Blizzard find these reports on sexism or discrimination and what happens to reports like these?

Love,
Celina

depends how Non-white, and/or LGBTQR+++ etc etc and woke you are

4 Likes

Just like any other harassment report really.
They are automated, once they get to a threshold, something happens and either after review the dude is actioned against or not (could be false reports).

Heads up, this forum has a very large number of resident bigots. And Blizzard largely doesn’t care about this kind of behaviour. They only get rid of the worst offenders.

1 Like

no, we’re just normal, and have very thick skin’s like normal people and dont tend to give a crap what people think or say about us… shrugs

2 Likes

Weird how you “don’t care” so much that you felt the need to respond lol.

Maybe it’s not your skin that’s thick?

2 Likes

Making conversation bud… if you dont like responses perhaps you shouldn’t be on a forum :slight_smile:

Honestly? this isn’t even up for debate. Its a fact that blizzard catered to the chinese government that censors everything in addition to crapping all over its own people. Blizzard doesn’t give a damn about morals what so ever. period.

The question you should be asking is: are there systems in place to combat the things you mentioned, to which the anser is: kinda…

Come on man, I’m the first guy to criticize blizzard but insinuating ‘‘blizzard hates white people’’ is really grasping at straws.

1 Like

The report system is automated so you can keep reporting to your heart’s desire. So, yeah, keep contributing to the already dwindling playerbase because some guy half a planet away called you trash for a bad play but you took it as misogyny.

1 Like

Nah, it’s not that I report if someone says I’m bad because I’m a girl. It’s because I’m being called ‘dishwasher’, ‘get back to the kitchen’, ‘girls should be banned from playing games’, etc. That’s what I feel like is pretty unacceptable.

2 Likes

Reporting any and all inappropriate behaviour (and sexist remarks certainly fit that description) via the related option within the game is the only right approach here.

If someone crosses the line, please let us know. We will take care of it - for data privacy reasons we obviously cannot provide a lot of specific feedback about what actions are being taken, but every single report is being considered and taken seriously.

1 Like

No wonder the player base is dwindling.

1 Like

How many players have left and how many have joined?

I’m not trying to devalue your experience but those insults are so ridiculously mainstream nowadays that you shouldn’t even be phased.
I’ve played this game for over 4000 hours, from bronze to diamond, all these years and I can count this kind of incident on the fingers of one hand. All situations happened because the girl was being annoying/passive aggressive/flaming.
I’m not saying the problem doesn’t exist, what I’m saying is that it’s possibly being blown out of proportion by girls who don’t understand what THEY might have done wrong, kinda like those “WHY AM I BANNED I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING” people.

With all due respect, stop BSing people, it’s not even funny anymore. You don’t take reports seriously, you don’t look at them, you don’t help with false suspension lifts.
Maybe you want me to post proof from conversations I had with customer support admitting to this? I’ve posted screenshot proofs in other threads/situations.
Don’t forget that, as EU citizens, we can request the data you log for us and, let me tell you buddy, besides text chat and false report descriptions that some salty guy wrote in the report box, you don’t have much of a case for suspensions proof. That further means that either your system is automated or you’re actually HIDING/NOT SHARING data you’ve logged about the account owner from the account owner. I’m not well versed into this but I’d bet that someone with enough time and money can get a legal case out of this.

i had a guy throw my match, call me a slut/whore and telling me that women don’t have rights just because i have a vagina. him and i played with the opposing widow before, so when widow texted that guy “gg”, he replied with “i threw because i had a woman on my team and i don’t tolerate that”.
i’m curious about as to what you’d say about that :slight_smile:

edit: also he started the argument/insults and started yelling at me after he died as pharah and i wasn’t pocketing him 24/7. i’m confident in saying that i didn’t provoke it because i didn’t shattalk him lol.
the enemy had a soldier and a widow and they were pretty good too. moira couldn’t outheal 100% of the damage because the enemy was just better than us. hard to acknowledge but sometimes it is how it is, but i still tried my best to keep people (including moira and the tanks) alive.
moira and i ulted for healing and rein and pharah still shouted at us and complained about the “healers ulting but still not healing”.

2 Likes

Sukidakara it sounds like you had a bad experience, not all players are like this luckily, but you absolutely should be using the report feature to send a report of this. Usually these kinds of players will receive multiple reports and we’ll take appropriate action.

And хардбасс, when you use Racist terms towards other players you will be reported and actioned accordingly.

1 Like

Closing this thread now.

Please continue to report inappropriate chat and behaviour ingame for support staff to investigate.