How to drastically improve the reporting system

Yet another one about this topic… by your boi. (serious thread)

Someone must have thought of this im very certain but, the main idea is make the auto-banning system consider playtime when it is about to take actions against someone.

Example:
Guy1 played ow for 10 hours in this month - he recieved 35 abusive chat reports in 100% of his games. The reports decay so he didn’t get any kind of suspension for being judged extremely toxic by the other players.

Guy2 played ow 200 hours in this month - he recieved 50 abusive chat reports getting those in 20% of his games. He got struck by the banhammer just because he got tilted and probably used excessive profanity in voice chat.

It could be safe to assume that individual1 was 20 times more toxic than guy2 but instead individual2 got banned.

Do you think this is fair? Do you think something should be done about this?

Why im bringing up all this? More and more people think it is ok to be toxic when they play little overwatch, and the developers make it really seem like it is ok with this system.

I need someone to see this and to do something if possible. Make sure they do.

2 Likes

Suspensions means nothing anyway, they’ll just play on their smurf.

Also 50 reports is awfully low for a whole season.

1 Like

I have, since the start of the game, spent a silly amount of hours playing this game.

I could be immune to bans.

1 Like

I really think we need to do the dota 2 report system.
You can report only twice a week and that’s it so you have to really use that report when it really matters. When you get higher rank you can get 1-2 more report’s per weekend.
This will make it x100 times easier for devs to look at reports. Unlike now when everything is automated.

3 Likes

How do you know time played is not already within the calculation for auto-ban? Have Blizzard ever released details??

Yes they have. If you look into their code they write that reports decay after a certain amount of time, nothing is said in there about play time.

The report system is a joke , i have 3 accounts. So i tried playing symmetra on all 3 accounts my average time before suspended was 3,3 days.
And i had a 76% win rate, and hit GM with her. I think 90% of the reports i got was even before the match had started.

1 Like

They already consider playtime with reports. Also reports are viable only for a certain amount of time until they are no longer taken into consideration when looking into a player.

EDIT: Didn’t realize that OP was already aware of this but I’m not 100% sure on how much playtime in itself effects the process.

Or copy cs their system works.
Lest the players aka diamond upside ban people by review the maches and give exp boxes idk when a report is valid .

Theoritically speaking, if you have 95% of your playtime in symm you can’t blame them.

yes he can. it is illegal to report someone just for picking a character. they even stated this is a post. it comes under false reporting and it is an offense. I’ve gotten reported for picking Widow before the match even started. Even as I got picks and stuff during the match, I got flamed for playing Widow, so I reported the guy for toxic chat / coms and false reporting and that was it, I even got it on video just for good measure as I was streaming at the time.
long story short. reporting someone for their hero pick is illegal.

Having 95% playtime on any hero (especially symm) means there would be games that you would be much more effective with something else, but you didn’t change, and that is throwing indirectly pretty much. Im sure youve heard this before this idea is in the air a long time and it is correct enough.

1 Like

How is that? I had 101 games,76% win rate. Lets even it, 100 games 75% win rate.
Thats 25 losses, 6 players on one team wich are doing more poorly then me in 10 of those games. Then 5 games where people are throwing. Then i got games where i play bad , 5 games. That leaves you with 5 games where i should have changed/done something else. Wich is not even close to be suspended.

Um and what about the other 75 games? It seems like you presume that if your team is victorious as a mass of players vs another mass of players, none could be trolling around, so if you win a game where you are afk in spawn you can’t be throwing because you won right?
This is what is wrong with this mindset.

1 Like

Nope !

It’s not because you play more that you have the right to annoy more people…

A toxic who plays 1 game annoys 5 other players…
A Toxic who plays 10 games annoys 50 other players…

So, definitely no, reports shouldn’t be based on how much you play Overwatch…
Not everything is about you, think about the other players, even if you are stronger, who you are not correct with…

how do you know you got reported ?
Just because someone said so?

This is a great argument, the best I’ve seen in those post sections.
I partly agree with that, but the fact remains: extremely toxic people go unpunished and less toxic people or non toxic people who just play the game a lot get the banhammer, and it is still not ok.

Extremly toxic people don’t last a day :slight_smile:

And their ban is way more long ^^

Um,maybe cus your winning the game? And noone is asking for changes or feel its needed.

Wrong, everyone gets the same punishment and extremely toxic people could last a year if their playtime is low enough.
You didn’t tell me what do you think about this:

Ok got you bro, you don’t get that it is a 6 v 6 match where could have zero impact the whole team performance will only be decreased by 16%.