How To Make Total Mayhem More Fun

I’ve recently been playing Total Mayhem, and here are some thing I think they could improve on.
These are just my opinions and I don’t expect the devs to read this. (I know there are already posts about this but I want to give my opinion on this).

Sombra: The point of Total Mayhem is having abilities on a low cooldown so you can use them more often. Sombra has hack on a 2 second cooldown so you can hack someone again before the first hack even ended. Making it so they can’t use any abilities until they either die or kill you. It’s really annoying because you can’t do anything but shoot until you die. In my opinion they should give hack a longer cooldown like 6 seconds.

Mercy: Mercy’s resurrect is on a really low cooldown which causes her to be able to rez anyone if they died right after Mercy had used rez and with her extra 200 hp she becomes even harder to kill. I feel like it would be more fair if it was on a 11-12 second cooldown. (Or you know… revert her.)

Moira: She can summon an orb every 2 seconds, if she just spammed this the entire map would be full of orbs (Bit of an over exaggeration, but this has happened before). If the cooldown got changed to 4-5 seconds it would be harder to do this.

Zarya: Her own bubble is on a 3 second cooldown and for allies on a 2 second one. This causes her to have full charge almost all the time and makes it really hard to kill her or allies. Maybe putting it on double the cooldown would work?

Briggite: shield bash is already really annoying in normal games, but now it’s on a 2 second cooldown. Briggite is already annoying in my opinion, but in total mayhem she is a complete nightmare because if she chases you you’re dead her self heal and constant stuns won’t give you a chance against her.

What are your thoughts on this? I’m open to your opinion.

Thats why I only play doomfist and sombra, or if none of them is present I play tracer and contest until eternity. He’ll I had once 35min on fire bc I keept the payload contested before df and sombra where released. And I never died. Since you. Just need to survive 2 sek as tracer.

In total mayhem nothing dies anyway, and the whole point of the game mode is to have all heroes with less cooldown. Look at zen, he’s pretty much useless since the game mode has been released. Some other cd reliable heroes shine much more.

But I try to avoid the game mode, defense is a joke and attack is close to be impossible especially on 2cp. You can’t win a 2cp map as attacker without stuff like mei wall, grav, road ult, orisa halt. At least not in my games.

And you could theoretically do this mode, and change cd’s of these abilities on theyr own. Normal total mayhem just puts the cd of all abilities on 75% less. (i think)

1 Like

Yes, I know this, but they did the same for Ana’s sleep.

Well that’s true…

But that didn’t really change much for the balance in ffa.
These are more verry harsh nerfs for the named heroes, In this game mode.
Since that’s the intention of the game mode, 75% less cd.

Idk, i think we can just wait and see.

1 Like

The only thing that I want changed is Sombra I don’t really care that much about the rest.

How to make it more fun?

Make it permanent for starters

1 Like