Hurray, finally I can quit OW!

I was playing OW 1 too much, but it was too good a game to stop.
Now with OW 1.5 season 1 ending, I found that OW 1.5 was so bad that it completely killed all desire to play this game, thanks Blizzard for giving me more spare time to spend! :smiley:

1 Like

ok see you in 1 week

4 Likes

See you on 5 december op

4 Likes

As @Mary69Jane @
valkyrie
have pointed out, there’s a good chance you’ll be back…

…but that used to be because OW1 was downright fun and addictive.

OW2 survives because of the niche OW1 carved out - a fun team based fps that doesn’t take itself too seriously. However a lot of damage has been done to the format through various understandable though IMHO poor decisions. When you’re seeing critic scores of 8-10 and player scores of 1.5-2 on various sites, you’re on borrowed time - all it takes is for a solid alternative to come along and people will leave in droves.

For now though, there are too few alternatives in the genre, so it’s possible to get away with a hobbled experience. Eventually though the current player base will move on - go fishing, have kids, get hobbies whatever… the game’s on borrowed time for sure and needs to be drastically revamped.

Perhaps now we’re out of COVID there’s some chance of it, but I don’t know - perhaps too many core staff have left and the new ones just don’t get it. I mean, they talk a good game for sure - but when it comes to delivery, it seems they’re willing to sacrifice things that made the game great for the excuse to add nothing of greatness and make a quick buck off the franchise’s fans.

Only so long you can do that for.

1 Like

… and many people will probably come to play the game instead! Blizzard doesn’t expect ’ ZOrange’ to play the game for the rest of his life. Personally, I don’t really understand departure posts, but you’re of course free to post whatever you like.