I just had a game

I thought it would be fun to have a thread just for interesting stories of games we just recently had. Regardless of mode.

I just had a comp game where honestly, nobody was doing anything wrong, but we were still losing. Everyone was in vc. I just said “it’s ok guys, nobodies to blame, sometimes you just get outplayed and that’s fine”. After that people stopped complaining and we just accepting that we’re not getting picks as soon as they are and to accept the the loss with honor and not blame anyone or whine.

The game ended with people just saying “they were better” “gl in next game”, etc.

I think we have to accept our legitimate loses like grown ups and learn from them and learn on what we can improve, and not always get in o the habit of arguing and blaming people and saying “if only you switched to blah blah”. Just accept it sometimes you have to lose and keep your head up

Just felt like sharing before I jump back in to it. Share your “I just had a game…” stories if you feel like it.

3 Likes

I had a game last night after work that was just… as uncoordinated a game can be when everyone acts like it’s not a team game. I was just so tired.

Me an another one tried to get everyone to group up but it was like watching someone pour marbles over the map, everyone scattered in different directions trying to flank the other team but ofc the other team was grouped up and just took them out when they came at them.

We lost. Nobody blamed anyone. Everyone was dead quiet well knowing it was our own fault.

But I wasn’t upset it was pretty amusing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I do find those games the funniest.

You know you’re going to lose so you just chill and enjoy the absolute gems that people type out.

2 Likes

Yes lol especially when getting back from spawn and see enemy hog stomping around behind them, the one time they group up, and are totally clueless to him stomping around loudly behind them.
I was like “ok fine I’ll go take care of him” boom dead
:joy:

2 Likes

Haha.

If people in silver/gold/plat spent less time shouting at each other, they’d be able to improve just by listening to the game noises lol

2 Likes

to me that’s basically every game, there’s no one to really blame for a loss, a loss is a loss for a reason and it just happened the way it did, just because you know what went wrong doesn’t mean you can go back and change it.

1 Like

Agree.

But if you know what went wrong, you can learn not to do that again.

who knows if you even know what went wrong, you might aswell have guessed wrong about it and just shot yourself in the foot for thinking what you did was wrong in the first place.

just accept the loss and move on and look at what went right and keep doing it til it stops working.

it’s just that simple, in fighting games that usually how you go about things and i think it’s perfectly fine to replicate that line of thought into any game.

if you don’t get punished for sweeping the enemy over and over again and you keep winning doing that, why would you ever stop sweeping?