I strongly dislike this new "meta" system

Hello,
I hate the new banning/rotation system.

I recently came back the game and I just can’t deal with this new rotation system. It’s so annoying I don’t even know where to start. It’s not a good rotation type system and let me just tell you a parable to try and show you this entire system from my perspective, CSGO, there’s a lot of weapons, some with their own type of strengths, some are good for long range and more tactical, some are good for close range and improvising your every move to quickly entry frag or win a 1v1.

Now imagine if a bunch of these weapons, across all types of properties (snipers, rifles etc) just gets completely blocked from being used in competitive play. Now you are forced to play with weapons that you’re not good with and that you don’t have fun with, and what is at the core of almost every game? Fun, whether it’s in professional play or a weekly casual (obviously there are exceptions to professional play but either way), it’s at the end of the day about fun.

And when you literally FORCE your players to not play the game they bought in their own way you’re doing a disservice to the players and to the company you work for.

Now I’m not gonna judge on the reasoning for this because I know this is a sensitive issue for a majority of players, but I just don’t see this being a reasonable solution to a meta issue. Why not balance heroes like virtually every other mainstream games do, for example League of Legends, instead of just prohibiting your players from having the fun they bought the game for.

And finally, mains.
This is probably the most lucid reason to permanently remove this rotation system. People love Overwatch and people love different heroes in Overwatch. Why in the world would you decide upon this ludicrous “solution”? That just maddens me. Just start balancing heroes and not ban them for everyone!

If you’re stubborn about this, AT LEAST only rotate heroes among lower ranked players, ≤Plat for example. Because I can see why you would want newer/less skilled players to try and learn a broader range of heroes. But in higher ranks it becomes even more crucial to be able to focus on a small range of heroes and get really good at them.

Thank you for reading my text, I hope a developer sees this and takes this to heart and not just believe I am just some salty player who’s opinion doesn’t count.

6 Likes

paragraphs please…

2 Likes

TBH I think it is a good thing SHORT-TERM. I don’t want them to do it for very long, but right now everyone is getting a little taste of the impact of certain characters and certain comps, the impact of strategy, the impact of team work and the impact of some characters NOT being present.

I believe what they are doing is gathering data, scaling, observing… This is basically a science project. There will undoubtedly be an outcome, perhaps one that will benefit almost everyone, and we may see good things come out of it.

It is also giving a lot of people choices and reasons to start learning other characters. It is limiting one tricks, in a sense. Unfortunately a lot of people are not comfortable with that, even for a week, and are more quick to anger than to be logical and use the circumstance as a reason to expand their horizons.

There’s not really any need to be annoyed by it and it isn’t like any new meta is being forced on us for longer than a week… It’s not a world-ending scenario and I doubt it will be a long term event.

I say use it as a breather, start fooling around with some different ideas and then see if you can implement them in adverse scenarios in the future.

It’s a perfect opportunity to get better, literally!

The biggest downside however is going to be an increase in smurfs, placing and playing on their B and C picks (or D and E in some cases) on other accounts…

Because that would take work - and with the complete lack of content over a near 5 year period since beta, we have enough data to tell us Activision/Blizzard like money, but for none of the actual hard work.

But I agree with almost everything you’ve had to say. Hoping it will change? I’d say poop in one hand and pray in the other, see which fills up faster. They’re going all in on OW2 and tbh it might be the only chance they have to save the IP.

2 Likes

Agreed.
There should be a pop up, like when you type a ”bad” word not letting you post. “This looks like a wall of text, kindly go back and edit”

1 Like

Here you go! :smile: I was pretty frustrated and tired when I wrote this but I just had to vent.
What do you think about this?

Sorry dude, :smile: I was pretty frustrated and tired when I wrote this but I just had to vent.
What do you think about this?

3 Likes

So much better :+1:t3::joy: .

Hero pool/rotation is like half of a game which we are playing.

I dont like it please remove it immediately.

1 Like

I hate the hero pools as well, but if you were to rotate only in some ranks you would do it in higher ranks not lower… The higher ranked players are the ones complaining all the time about having to play the meta… No one in lower ranks cares lol

Yeah I guess you could make that argument. But I just think it should be completely removed honestly. It’s such an annoying “feature” in the game that just infuriates a lot of players.

1 Like

Hero pool is garbage for Me . I dont like it.

1 Like

Right?! I really hope that it will be removed permanently.

2 Likes

hero pool is so bad for this game. makes a lot of heroes unplayeble like. they banned 6 heroes 5 of them is countering pharah.

so pharah maded OP if you dont have pharah you cant win.

then the other projectile heroes was unplayable cause of someone has to annoy pharah.

next week they ban hanzo so its unplayable 2 weeks in a row.

they banned hanzo at rotation #1 so we didnt even played hanzo 3 weeks in 4 weeks season.

why dont you remove some heroes permantly its better.

so you dont think how can we make unplayable heroes ???

DELETE THIS STUPID ROTATION PLEASE.

3 Likes

That’s exactly why I wrote this! They aren’t balancing out the meta. They are completely changing the dynamic of the game and just makes a bunch of heroes absolutely overpowered. The fact that they banned pretty much every counter to Phara except Ashe (which is a pretty difficult hero on my opinion) is just mind-boggling to me! Same thing with Hanzo, that ban was just ridiculous.

2 Likes

they are making the game like a dragon ball game. all so powerful more then old class heroes useless. thats why so many quit overwatch hate overwatch found replace overwatch.

I’m not sure what you just said but I believe you agree with my post?

yeah game is broken dead op heroes nothing seem right anymore

I dont know why are they keep using that rotation trash?

It is destroying game experience.

Why they dont a ingame or forum survey about it ?

This game is bleeding and i dont think it has more blood on it to stay alive…

2 Likes

we said this already. :dizzy_face: