I went 11-1 tonight in comp

My secret? Not taking things too seriously, just fill, have fun and communicate with each other.

Ya’welc’.

I had a 30:2 winning streak last night. My secret: I do not provide a modicum of proof. Ya’ll git gud ya, Imma da masta

You play on NA servers, right? :slight_smile:
1/3th of the time I have no people on voice whatsoever, 1/3th of the time I have angry Russians screaming down the mic, and 1/3th of the time I have a few people trying to communicate, but then naturally the only one NOT on voice chat is the one tilting first because he goes right while the rest of the team goes left, and then we are the ones not playing as a team.

Meh, I exaggerate of course :slight_smile:

I do agree staying calm and collected, not taking things too seriously and not tilting after the initial push failed, is the secret to winning. But admit it, luck played a big part as well in a 11-1 streak. Congrats anyway :slight_smile:

Yes, NA servers. I’ve heard about how bad comms are over on the EU side, which sucks, but it kind of makes sense since you have a continent with so many different languages, naturally the common language (English) will be more difficult for people there, than in NA where it’s pretty much the main language.

And yes there is always an element of luck involved, however, I think the right mindset does help a lot too :slightly_smiling_face:

The problem, more often than not, is getting your team in that mindset. Whenever people start tilting, moaning and raging, or blaming their teammates, that’s when stuff gets ugly. I’m not usually one to say “my teammates suck”, except when it’s about attitude. I’d rather play with subpar players, but communicating and positive, than the silent decent DPS who tilts at the first mishap.

If enough people are on voice chat, I am actually able to turn things around by just staying calm and reminding people to do the same. “It’s ok, it’s good that they used their ults, guys, just group up and we’ll win this”.

But as I mentioned, it’s usually the ones not on voice who cause the biggest attitude problems. People tilting in a perfectly winnable game is absolutely detrimental.

1 Like

It’s true, having all the team in vc makes the world of difference, and I too would take 5 plat team mates in voice, than 5 diamond team mates silent, like it’s QP.

Even a loss feels so much better when you can say “oh, we tried, guys, good communication anyway - good luck in your next game” or something like this, rather than the raging on chat about how much your team sucks.

1 Like

Nah, you just had insane luck with teams