Increase Lúcio's ground speed back to normal

How I hate that the speed song, my main tool to help my team with, got gutted in the name of nerfing a high-level meta aside… For the purpose of not having this reduce his personal speed his wallride was buffed, which is good, but that still left him much slower on the ground. You simply can’t always stay on vertical surfaces if you want to help your team mates or disrupt the enemy, this reduction leaves him both less effective at his job and an easier target. His kit is based on close proximity and elusiveness, so speed is essential for him.

Please bring his ground speed back up to where it was prior to the song nerf.

3 Likes

The speed nerf was the main point, because it’s used to speed goats along.

ergo reverting it would be pointless

Read again; I was talking about his personal speed, not the team effect.

It’s weird, definitely doesn’t feel good playing him anymore

3 Likes

I think it’s time for the OP to learn how to wallride constantly. Been having a blast with him since the changes, the speed when you exit a wallride is just ridiculous and you can dive on people really fast.

1 Like

It’s fine if you want to play for yourself. Sipping away from your team etc; but I don’t play him like that. I can wallride and I’m pretty good at getting myself out of situations with it. I guess I’ll get used to it eventually, just feels weird atm

2 Likes

Maybe just learn to wall ride? Essentially there is no way to increase his ground speed without increasing song speed.

The only way would be to give him wall ride speed on the ground, which would be pointless.

1 Like

It really depends of your elo. At higher ranks people don’t need as much healing so you don’t need to babysit them.

I see you’re on PS4, he’s probably way harder to play with a controller.

Maybe just learn to read OP? I already talked about wall riding in it, yet another useless comment. Of course there is a way, they can adjust the individual movement speed per character, ie. Genji and Tracer have a little faster base speed than the rest.

(To be abundantly clear in general; I know how to wall ride, bunny hop and all that jazz, which is most of the time but sometimes I have to get on the ground for a bit - I really need to do a lot of babysitting - and it feels jarring because it’s so slow now.)

Yeah, it’s sometimes easier to speed your team out of danger and it’s easier to do that from the floor. I guess we’ll just need to adapt. I think I’m the new meta lucid won’t feature as heavily. They say it’s better to learn Ana and Baptiste in this new meta.

Lucio is still strong, if it comes to him or Zen, Zen will drop out of the meta before he does.

Maybe just learn to wall ride and stop being whiny?

Your entire post is a useless comment. If you can’t utilise Lucio’s kit properly that is your problem.

Posting how I feel about something in the game in a civil and reasonable manner, which is what the forum is for, is not whining just because you don’t like it.

Again, I know how to use his kit - you just keep on completely ignoring what I’m saying, have nothing of substance to contribute yourself and just keep on repeating your condescending tripe like a broken record now. There is no discussion to be had that way, so bye.

2 Likes

Except you have been whining about it when told what to do. You refuse to do so.

You clearly don’t know how to use his kit, because you’re refusing to wall ride or wall bounce and instead want to walk on the floor. You do know Lucio is supposed to use his mobility right?

There is no discussion to be had in this topic period, especially not with the likes of you.

This topic is nothing more than irrelevant spam.

Wow, I really don’t know how much more clearly I could possibly spell it out for you. But fine, let’s try one more time.

I. Wall. Ride. And. Bounce. And. Bunny. Hop. Constantly.

I’m not refusing to do so, you’re telling me to do something that I do all the time, which is a completely moot point. Of course I know he’s supposed to use his mobility, that was my entire point. I never said I want to walk on the floor, that would be moronic - don’t try pulling things out of your arse to pin on me, or is your lack of reading comprehension really this severe.

I said there are times when I have to visit the floor for a moment for an action that needs doing there. How is this so hard to comprehend, seriously.

They specifically buffed his wall ride speed so he wouldn’t lose personal speed from the song nerf, but he still did because his ground speed is now slower. That part was left out. Why are you so against straightening that out is beyond me.

Except the only thing you’ve spelt out clearly is that you don’t know what you’re doing, and/or that you’re just too lazy to actually use his kit.

You want ground speed back, which was removed to help nerf goats. He does not have any speed boosts on the ground except his song.

Your entire topic is about how you want to move faster on the ground, meaning you’re not wall riding, or bunny hopping (which is bad anyway) or doing anything.

meaning you are not actually using his full mobility

How hard is it to comprehend you are not playing Lucio properly? Seriously?

Yet again, there is a way to increase individual movement speed per character, it doesn’t require buffing his song.

Spending brief moments on the ground to help other people who are nowhere near walls doesn’t mean I’m not wall riding, and bunny hopping means jumping off the wall and then timing the jump from the ground just right to keep the momentum going, which is definitely not a bad thing because it makes you faster at crossing ground to get to another wall.

But you have repeatedly demonstrated that you are completely disregarding what I say and just going “no, you don’t do that, but that’s what you should do”… If you don’t see how nonsensical that is, I can’t help your case. There is nothing that can be said when you just dismiss it anyway, it’s a complete waste of time so let’s end it here.

That’s probably what you’re doing wrong, the aoe is not horizontal only, it’s like a cone that goes above and below you, you can heal and speed your teammates while wallriding. I’m not gonna lie, he’s much more mechanically intensive to play now after the change.

I’m aware, I have to do a lot of peeling with the soundwave though and that doesn’t have the reach from the walls.

You should watch this

They explain way better than I could that now more than ever, you have to know how to play all supports.

If you find yourself forced to babysit your team, you’re probably better off playing something else like Baptiste which will have a more suited kit.