It took you a whole year to make THIS?

This is laziness in the extreme. No new assets (only recycled ones). The mode is far too short and way too easy. This is just a sloppy and lazy budget version of Retribution and it is obvious that very little time and effort went into its creation. The only worthwhile thing is the cinematics, and even they’re well below your usual standard.

If this is the best that you’re able (or willing) to do, then it’s time to stop. Just give up and let Overwatch die a merciful death.

7 Likes

I think they spend too much time in the opening cinematic (which is awesome btw) than in the gameplay it self… Little underwhelming

4 Likes

Would have been better as a Maximillien animated short. That’s what I think anyway. Feel free to disagree.

5 Likes

Animated shorts are used to introduce new playable characters or as lore for the older ones.

So Maximillien will never be playable? Good to know.

We don’t know yet…

Kind of the point if they’re going to reveal a new character don’t you think?

We recently got baptist. getting impatient already?

You already said we don’t know what’s happening? So I guess you’re just arguing because you enjoy it? That’s fine, I’ll just wait for other replies. You got boring real quick.

I agree 100%, i didnt expect the tracer motorbike to be a thing, but this event just feels terrible, the mission feels the same as retribution but on a different map and worse, I was honestly really excited, but as usual i’m disappointed, like it honestly ticks me off how blizzard, a well known company, is being this lazy to such a good game, it had so much potential I feel it still does, and yet they don’t do anything and sit on their arse for 3 months till the next event comes round and they make some mediocre skins with a couple of highlight intros, not even emotes ffs. This company is just pathetic and as much as i love overwatch (played since season 1), i would like it to have a major drop so maybe the lazy developers wake up and do something.

2 Likes

yeah its a little sad to be honest, it would of been nice to have at least something behind the end part, like a boss fight. Don’t get me wrong, I know game development is difficult. But 1 year to essentially make 1 map, the thing is they usually double up and make it a competitive map at the same time. Maybe new enemies, I get its still Talon but maybe a few more variations of them.

Ok, seriously people, what’s with the “one year and only this” stuff? In that very year we got 3 full maps, 1 DM map, 3 heroes, the LFG system, the endorsement system and a bunch of new skins. Sure, you can debate the quality of all of that, especially Ashe being a bog standard DPS hero and Petra being a map noone cares for because it’s DM, but to pretend nothing happened in that year is just obfuscating reality.

2 Likes

I don’t personally see him as being a Hero in the game. I don’t think he’d work as a fighter. Just from the last cutseen, he didn’t even attempt to fight but cowered and used words. I think he exists purely for lore.

I don’t think this took a year to make. I think they focused a year into other stuff. this might have been a side-side project with a deadline. It seems like they’re focused on a lot of other content besides this one. If they put a year of time into this one event, it would have turned out far better. Besides this event wasn’t bad at all

Sounds like Storm Rising took about ½ year to make, compared to Retribution which took a full year.
Also they are most likely just busy working on other more important features to come.

1 Like

Overwatch has the core of a truly great game and oodles of potential, but it’s being neglected due to Blizzard’s obsession with esports. This game deserves a developer who can give it the love and attention it deserves…and Blizzard are clearly not that company.

Such a shame. :frowning:

1 Like