Kicked from Competitive and not being able to join back

I was recently kicked out of a Competitive match (back to the login screen with “Lost connection to Server”)

I was in a group with a friend and he wasn’t kicked. For some reason, I was unable to join back even though the “Rejoin Match” button appeared. I tried relogging but nothing happened when I clicked on it. I lost SR because of that.
The problem cannot be my Internet connection because then my Discord Call would have gotten interrupted, which it didnt.

I dont know what exactly the problem is, but this could be very annoying if it happens multiple times.

1 Like

I had similar problems today. I have 8 hours ban now…

1 Like

Hello Link,

Keep in mind that, because of the way internet connections work, a connection issue doesn’t always affect all programs or services. It might happen that there’s an issue somewhere along the route your connection takes to our servers, but your connection takes a completely different path to Discord servers, so the call isn’t affected. You can read a bit more about it here.

That said, let’s try some things to see if we can avoid this happening to you again, or at least find the root of the issue. Please, check this article and make sure you follow all the instructions, including the advanced steps:
battle.net/support/article/99037

If the issue persists after that, we will need some more data so we can investigate:

• Details of issue:
  • Date/time it started:
  • City/Country:
  • Internet Provider:
  • Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!