Liberate Hong Kong

Blitzchung deserved to win, blizz is bending over for Chinese bull and we’ve had enough

5 Likes

No you didn’t had enough. You would’ve continued playing the game if the Pro player didn’t mix politics in a gaming event

2 Likes

figthing an extredition treaty that could allow china to start disapearing people is not politics its survival.

blizzard is happy to back up a government that happily murders or sends people to gulags if they speak out against them…

I mean they mass inprissoned people over falun gong as if it was some massive threat… its like literally just people excising in a very slow and boring fashion…

and they where all in favor of it before the leader of that movment got to famous…

in addition china can effect people in the west too… they are excreting way to much soft power and blizzard is way to happy to sell us all out for cash…

we just cant tolerate corporations turning into Quislings like that! (quisling was the Norwegian guy who sold out Norway to the Nazis it… so a traitor basically)

China is doing a major offensive to control western culture… we have to fight back…

the price for liberty is eternal vigilance!

the message has to be clear blizzard is either with their fans or the Chinese government! they cant have their cake and eat it too!

Also western companies should not be undermining the foreign policy of western nations!

politicians are begining to react… and with lootbox bans going on they may wanna not stir the pot like this to much…

5 Likes

You’re joking… No blizzard doesn’t back up the government. They just made rules so the event doesn’t turn into a riot. Which happend because someone broke the rules. It’s for a good cause but that event wasn’t the place nor the time to spread awareness… It got 2 people unfairly fired, the event turned into a massive riot and the pro lost their price because of this.

Sure China is corrupt and bad and I am not on their side at all. But why just why do people frick up something that isn’t related to the problem AT ALL

that is all so easy for you to say sitting safely in the west where you don’t face the threat of being disappeared and possibly killed.
also this is in defiance of their own self professed moral principles.

ultimately i think government may have to start uncluding companies like blizzard in their forigne policy efforts since china is doing that…

But fans can take the first steps in pushing back.

2 Likes

Yes it is really that easy to say because BLIZZARD ISNT CONNECTED TO POLITICS

You don’t need awareness in things that don’t connect. He made a mistake, blizzard also did it wrong. It’s completely ruined. Because one guy had to MIX politics with a gaming event

multi-national corporations are inherently geo-politically connected.
especially when blizzards response was anything but neutral.
they both bent over backwards and tried to cover it all up.

if they had fired everyone involved and left it at that then fine no problem.

But they both covered it up and posted a very propagandistic statment to appolagize basically to the comunist party.

that was amazingly stupid! and showed how local they are to china… and they are a american company…

that is an issue… especially since china is trying to take control over western media to be able to spread their propagandistic world view.

1 Like

Same thing again, Blizzard is a gaming company. I’ve not seen them pull strings in an actual government sure what blizzard did is a crappy thing but both sides were wrong and right. You’re not staying with the topic you go much further and much deeper

This is about a guy who said things and started a complete clown show of it. My opinion again is I don’t think it belongs here and I don’t care if you don’t agree with it that’s your business

the fact is china is trying to control western media regardless of what you want.
we can see this is many recent hollywood movies…

they are trying to win the culture war and burring your head in the sand and letting them win is not a good idea.

so long as they contain their lunacy to their own borders well people have tolerated it but now they are invading our media…

this i a form of cultural warfare… so its beyond politics if you ask me.

appeasement never works! it didn’t work with Hitler it wont work with china!

give an inch and they will grab all of Poland.
there is no peace in our time when it comes to our media!

but again i think western governments need to pay attention…

1 Like

They actaully do it’s been in the news a couple of times here where I live. Don’t worry it’s getting attention

Chinawatch…
Chinastone…
World of China…

Best games evahhhh

1 Like

yes i know but question is how much will get done…
and how one resolves the problem…

it’s a rather complex problem and i am not sure what the incentive structure to counter it would be in legal terms that would not go over board… the comunity outrage may be more effective then what ever the politicians can figure out…

I think the people deleting their accounts are kinda stupid… since that wont hurt blizzard

I love the whole GDPR request strategy… though technically that shouldn’t actually hurt blizzard if they took GDPR seriously because they should have already had the mechanism for answering those request in place if not then frankly they deserve the headache they are getting.

the best policy is not to give a single dime to blizzard until they actually prove good behavior and not being china’s lapdog…

that or burn it all down and force them to move their crap to china so their employees can start over and create their own non crappy company… sad to see the go IP but i would rather support them in any start up free of activision and their slaver labor practices and kowtowing to the communist party then have a compromised product where Beijing can ban anyone they want.

the communist party gains a lot of power here essentially since they are a bit of mad dog… i.e they have a reputation for irrational extreme positions which grants them more bargaining power it’s not unreasonable for the fans to try to become just as mad a dog to counter that…

But they have to hit blizzard where it hurts… and not just be irrational rage babies about it which is pointless…

Liberate hong kong! Revolution of our time!

2 Likes

i promise you the government has been paying very close attention to every aspect of china since the cold war

they took his entire salary. no american company could take my entire years paycheck for being unproffensional

OMG now I see ppl on NA with nicks like FreeHongKong.
You just must hate on Blizz for one reason or the other, if not Queuewatch then Chinawatch.

Stupidity is not a right.

1 Like

Mei supports Hong Kong!

Pandaren Stands with Hong Kong.

Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution of our age!

1 Like

So why do the american college hs event where some folks hold up a board with basically the same message and yet they don’t get punished. Which they them self said shows how unfair it is and has everything to do about blizzard siding with China.

You have to be blind for not seeing this. You can’t just ban 1 person and not doing it for the other who did basically the same thing.