Lootboxes and levels back!

Bring lootboxes and levels back it was so better before please!

11 Likes

I doubt lootboxes will ever come back but I did enjoy the leveling system.

3 Likes

Loot boxes were good because occasionally you’d get a nice surprise. In OW2 the best you can hope for in terms of excitement is “randomly” getting shot in the head by a widow, instead of “continuously”.

3 Likes

They were also gambling and illegal/soon to be illegal in a lot of countries. Also made no money (why would anyone buy them). Which is why the game was dying.

I wish people would just forget about them now lol.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s what I liked about it. It’s not gambling when you get them for FREE as you level up. But sadly I don’t see them returning. :confused:

1 Like

Keep up the contrarian rebuttals prime, anyone can see from your posting history, you’re here ostensibly for that purpose. Could be on the payroll I suppose.

2 Likes

Contrarian?
Literally just saying the facts of the situation. Never once given my opinion other than thinking it was time for people to move on.

Illegal in a few countries, soon to be many more (EU pushing for an EU wide ban).

They also weren’t selling any, so it was generated no income for the game.

You might like them… that is fair enough, but the facts are simple, it was killing the game.

Yes, contrarian. What you do is quote the facts (often just views) in the manner contrarian would, contradicting the main thrust of the thread. The posts I sampled show that you do this with great frequency. So I do stick to that evaluation, it’s not meant as an insult, just a fact :slight_smile:

Loot boxes being a form of gambling is a little bit tenuous, but I do understand that point of view and the (yes) fact that they were on their way out.

I suppose the replacement was better than pay to win - but that’s a given.

Yes, in this situation I have only presented the facts as to why asking for them to return is utterly futile.

Missing them, fine. But people are wasting their time asking, they will never be back.

True. Although the people that were scared of that, never really thought logically about it. It would be near impossible to do P2W in OW

pretty much yeah… best just to ignore him…

1 Like

Not to mention his Nightwing account post history, I mean my god there’s so much.

2 separate peoples post history isn’t really relevant information.

You got to stop trolling. You will end up like Versorius.

Same person* Fixed for you.

Hey guys, Search Nightwing, code of conduct, rules, etc, and you can see it’s the same guy. Have a great weekend ya’ll!

You’ve been told repeatedly it isn’t, but clearly that information doesn’t sink in because you want to troll.

Good luck to you.

i heard lootboxes were taken out cause of EU law stuff, right? if so it seems impossible to bring them back if they dont wanna get sued

That’s only if Blizzard sell them. Getting them for free as you level isn’t considered gambling. We can hope they bring them back in the future, gives the game some excitement.

1 Like

Incorrect, the EU rules that lootboxes, no matter how they were acquired were gambling.

Even if you ignore that… How is giving them for free going to make the game money. At best the idea is naive.

Incorrect… You might want to get your facts right before claiming someone is “Factual”. Because it’s not gambling as it doesn’t involve money, and are random gifts given to the public who play the game…

Might want to get a clue Nighty.

Factual… ok, in legal terms, the contents of a loot box are considered “items of value”. Doesn’t matter if you paid for the box, earnt the box performing tricks, or were given it as a prize. Opening it is gambling.

Then you could also consider Islamic laws, which I know are extremely strict on gambling, but I am not familiar with the actual workings of that.

Already had a “clue”. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Not happening .the current monetisation system makes them more money then before plus they dont have to deal with lootbox bans in countries like belgium and netherlands

1 Like