Lost Connection to Game Server

Problem started around 10 days ago, haven’t been able to play since. Just got a new wi fi provider. It was working fine for a few days and then randomly shut off. Freezes and loses connection about 3 seconds after I get in game. It logs in really fast and then the problem occurs. Would appreciate some advice.

Is this issue occurring with other Blizzard games or other online games in general?

I only own Overwatch, but other internet search, videos, and other online games work fine. I think it’s a server disconnection. It’s just so strange as it had had problems before but never like this.

You could try to download Heartstone or Heroes of the Storm. Both games are free.

Nice suggestion, but I would like to make sure the game I bought works before I download anything else.

My suggestion was only because both games are Blizzard games. If there’s some kind of issue with you and Blizzard servers, this should prove it.

Wouldn’t different Blizzard games run on different servers? If not, then I’ll consider picking up Heroes of the Storm.

Now I have Heroes and it appears to work fine so far, so it’s an Overwatch exclusive problem, where do I go from here?

Hello Cerebro,

At the moment we aren’t aware about any issues on our servers. An issue like yours can be caused by several different reasons, so it would be benefitial to start by following some troubleshooting, so we can discard the most common causes. Please, check this article and make sure you follow all the instructions, including the advanced steps:
battle.net/support/article/99037

If the issue persists, we will need some more data so we can investigate:

• Details of issue:
  • Date/time it started:
  • City/Country:
  • Internet Provider:
  • Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Is there an explanation for why I can connect to Heroes of the Storm, but not Overwatch?

They are different services, on different servers. If something is going wrong along the path your connection takes to Overwatch servers, but the connection takes a different path towards Heroes of the Storm’s servers, the issue would only affect Overwatch. You can read a bit more about this here.

I’ve seen in other thread that you play in NA servers. If that’s the case, you might want to post in the forums over there, since if there’s a general issue they’ll have more information:

i have same issue too it been 1 day ago im afraid that i cannot play overwatch anymore

If you have the same issue, please make sure you follow the steps I described on my previous message.

I have read the FAQs page. I was already considering buying an Ethernet cable, and my computer is unfortunately in a different room from my modem and receiver. It does make sense since before I got a new provider, I had an Ethernet cable set up. (The game ran at like 1fps and was really laggy, but it worked.) I will be ordering some cable to hook up. Great tips, thanks for linking the page. I will repost here when my Ethernet cable is hooked up.

Same Issue here, i created a thread to collect every user reports, steps provided by Blizzard don’t change anything, it’s a Server Problem.

I have the same issue for like over one month, 8 of 10 times i will be disconnected from serve while i am playing the game. I even deleted game and reinstalled. The issue is still there. Can you help Please?

Have you tried following the instructions I’ve provided throughout the thread? If that’s the case, please open a new thread (this one is months old, so I’m going to close it to avoid mixing up different cases) including the data I’ve requested before: