"Low" framerate on high end PC

I have a monitor that supposedly runs at 144hz (ASUS ROG PG279)

I have these results from a benchmark I ran three times and got the same results:

UserBenchmarks: Game 148%, Desk 101%, Work 123%
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900X - 108.9%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 206.8%
SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 93.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB (2017) - 100.9%
RAM: Unknown 4x8GB - 111.2%
MBD: MSI X299 RAIDER (MS-7A94)

So now, I’m trying to figure out why I can’t ever seem to push my FPS past 70, despite doing everything I’ve read from people having roughly the same issue. I disabled GSync. Disabled VSync. Capped and uncapped the FPS via the in-game menu. Fooled around with pretty much every 3D setting in the Nvidia control panel. Made damn sure the displayport was plugged in to the GPU and not the mobo. I know 70fps is nothing to whine about, but with my current setup and monitor, I should be doing a lot better.

All that said, what am I missing here? I would easily hit 144fps (capped) on my gaming laptop, and that was with GSync turned on and a GTX 1080.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I don’t understand what’s happening i keep dropping frames recently and i never did before. I always used to get 200 fps+ consistently now i get just under 130 and my monitor is 144hz so its pretty frustrating.

1 Like

Used to get 60 fps on high settinf now I can barely get 70 on all the setting low/off it really sucks

With the recent patch people have been dropping frames much more often, and capping at a lower than usual FPS.

I Imagine Blizzard is investigating, but theres been no official response to the many different complaints about this.