Make Hanzo great again!

I main Hanzo since the release of Overwatch. Statistically i got up to around #30 with Hanzo and he never felt too consistent. If you’d take away his E the hitrate whould drop again below 30%. His E just fakes consistency. I feel like hanzo is on the way of becoming a literal spamzo. Blizzard removed scatter arrow and gave Hanzo this spam ability, but to counter that giving him a faster projectile. After the release of the stormarrow hitrates got up to 50% or higher. Easy to get it high if you just shoot the E on the easy hitable tanks. Against flankers or ranged dps the E is useless. So you have to rely on your primary fire to stay consistent and I mean effectively. A nice change whould be to delete his E entirly, make his projectile speed faster and his time to load shorter. Combine this with a dmg dropoff for arrows (dropoff should be a linear function). There you have it, a hero that is strong in midrange and weaker in longrange. Who needs the E anyway? I’ll tell you noone. Make Hanzo great again!

1 Like

You want a sniper that is strong in mid range and weak at long range? Back to the drawing board.

And as I keep having to explain, there are no “easy” heroes. If there was an easy hero you would be GM with them.

That’ no argument against it of any kind, just an unqualified comment. And I’m not GM because I simply don’t have enough time playing overwatch 18 hours per week minimum.

But you said he was easy, so you should win every match, right?

No I specifically said it was easy to get a higher hitrate because of his E. You should read more carefull

Yeah but tbh wheres the fun in playing against Hanzo if you’re not just headshotted by spam that wasnt even aimed at you?

I for one would be very disappointed to not walk around a corner and be headshotted by that last spam arrow from Storm Arrows that wasnt remotely aimed at me. Really he should have more arrows and them be at least the size of Pharah’s rockets, whats the point in having skilled snipers?

1 Like

If I step on a mine it isn’t “landmine spam”, it’s my own fault for not watching where I was walking.

make him great again… oh lord… have you seen the lego brick arrows? not that hard to play. you dont have to go for kills and still get 1shot kills. its stupid

Hanzo is broken.

He’s a sniper that can jump towards a wall, pre-charge a shot in midair, execute wall run and then finish charging his shot in midair for a quicker full-power shot (DESPITE USING TWO HANDS TO WALL RUN!)----------HOW IS THE BOW STILL HALF-DRAWN?!

His Sonic Arrow (a utility skill) and Dragon Strike Arrow also do FULL M1 DAMAGE, despite being there for utility. Bear in mind that Brig had her SHIELD BASH (SHE HITS SOMEONE WITH A MF SHIELD!) nerfed to 5 damage (compared to 25 for Flashbang, Hook, and Boop).

GOD FORBID that the Hanzo player should have to CHOOSE between utility and damage. IMAGINE HIM NOT DOING DAMAGE for ONE ARROW?! Nice one, Jeff.

And then there’s Lunge, which would be fine if he didn’t have INFINITE WALL CLIMB! Surely he was balanced around having to shoot logs from safe spaces, and his uptime was balanced against having to get around and survive in the mean time But the Hero Design guys seem to have pee’d themselves at the very thought of him ever being in a position he couldn’t excel in.

Overwatch needs someone onboard that isn’t afraid to give DPS heroes drawbacks and flaws and weak points. You simply can’t have a sniper be just as effective (or more so) at close range than they are at range.

Widow needs damage falloff. Hanzo needs reverse damage falloff.

Wait, make Hanzo, HANZO, great, again? LOL He’s already stupid