Matchmaking in Arcade is terrible, Mystery Heroes in particular

The matchmaking in arcade feels terrible and unfair. I can go an entire night with almost no wins because the other team steamrolls us or there is an unfair advantage in Mystery Heroes.
I know MH is random but when you go up against 2 Mercys, 2 Bastions and a couple of shields it is basically impossible.

I feel there should be no double heroes in MH. Once your team has that hero you should not be able to spawn another one.

Here is a screenshot of my replays showing wins and losses, we got lucky in the one game with 3 Hogs right at the end and were able to push forward. Not sure why it says 2590 weeks ago, that was last night and I left the game out of frustration because we got pushed back to the final point instantly.

20% win rate.

https://i.imgur.com/zSUctkF.png

And here is a typical team comp… I constantly run into other teams much higher level than ours or grouped. I do realise that their level means they have played more and doesn’t mean they are necessarily skilled. But they absolutely rammed us the last game.

https://i.imgur.com/eA7f5bc.png

I do love the game and arcade, especially Mystery Heroes but getting walked over all night most nights is not fun at all and is sucking the enjoyment out of it for me. Also trying to get wins for the weekly loot boxes adds to the frustration because it does become all about winning.

Does anyone else experience this?

3 Likes

Ever since the 2 2 2 rebalance mystery heros matches are steamrolls. Not sure why, but every match ends in just a few minutes and doesnt take the first point, or rushes through all the points like butter. Im sure blizzard is collecting stats on it and will fix.

Arcade does not have a matchmaking. Why are you under the impression that it does? How could you even make a matchmaking for such widely different modes?

Why wouldn’t the game match players on their skill and try and balance the teams?
Throwing any skill player against another seems counter-intuitive.

I’m only looking for the game to balance teams based on skill in arcade. Why wouldn’t I expect that it does?

It would make sense to balance teams based on their competitive/QP MMR but they don’t, supposedly because it’ll take too much time.

where do you get this from. dm is balanced as in it puts your within 1000sr range opponents. so there always are some better and some worse opponents. if your lobby is to hard for you just re q. i mean if u stay in the same lobby the whole night wich might be higher rated as in your the lowest rated there then the lobby stays hard for you.

in my personal oppinion i like not having to play aggainst the same skill level over and over. its frustrating sometimes but you grow fast from it

SR based on what? I know there are sometimes competitive versions but they are the only ones which have matchmaking rules to them. The rest are random, like mystery heroes.

match making in any mode whether or not in the arcade is terrible.

Actually, MH got destroyed by changes a bit before 2-2-2.
Read more.

yea. i continually am placed against masters and grandmasters on 4 vs 4, 6 vs 6… im gold-plat

I’m in the same position. I have ~35% winrate since the last year. There was one week when it looked like it’s getting better, but no, still losing most games. I tried to contact support, but there is no ticket option for this.

Just to relieve the pressure I block every enemy in every lost game. This kept me going for some time, but the situation is making me depressed and I started to have shaking hands after playing.

As soon as my team gets steamrolled I leave after the game and wait a few minutes so that I get new opponents and team mates. I hate losing the consecutive game XP but I have to refresh the players.

Another thing I have noticed is smurf accounts. My team has gotten rolled by a team that is composed of a few players that are double digit level or even sometimes a level 7 or 2. They absolutely punish my team who are all silver and gold. It is blatantly obvious these guys are skilled and smurfing and I guess the game puts them up against high level players but not taking skill into account.
A really poor way to balance the teams.

I don’t rage in games but in the last few months I’ve been rage quitting some games as soon as we lose the first point in under 1 minute.