Mercy is worse now in the second beta

In the first beta they added the automatic superjump to mercy… now they changed it so it happens at the end of GA, which makes it impossible to use the normal superjump or even do a rezjump. It really ruined mercy and makes it not enjoyable at all to play her. Like, i understand that they want to make it fair for other players, but it makes it unfair for players who really put effort in learning her mechanics. It would really make it better if it was a setting to turn off because then players who cant play with that, dont have to but can still use the bug to do a superjump or rezjump. Blizzard please fix that.

2 Likes

I agree with you I’ve played mercy for the longest and this is the first time I have to say that she’s not fun to play.
its as if you’re playing against yourself if that makes sense. It might be easier for players who are new to mercy but as someone who as played her for a while it just feels annoying and boring I can superjump by pressing ga once then I can let go on my keyboard like what?
I really hope they either change it or make it a setting like u said

2 Likes

Honestly. The whole flow of OW2 and how maps, comps and fights will go… Mercy is a very low tier pick.

She needs a small rework to bring her in line, but a hero like mercy it would be hard to do without taking away what makes her appealing to so many. It is a tricky one.

1 Like

ive been playing her for so long too and i think many mercy mains think the same

Yes, how many times I cancelled my own ress because of this new jump. Change it back plz (you can’t just unlearn a reaction you have been doing for the past 5 years -.-)

3 Likes

Personally, I think Mercy needs a small rework.

If they are pushing the game down a more rush / brawl path… then Mercy is a pretty pointless pick.

Either that, or then need to nerf most of the supports down to her level.

1 Like

Make superjump bound to double pressing the space bar (jump key), like genji. With autojump we can’t GA and then long-jump past a target. It would be nice to be able to super jump without a target. Makes mercy more survivable. And makes it so she can reach highground targets that are just out of view. Superjump then GA to the target.

1 Like

On the other hand. I would not mind if they swapped Res and Valkyrie. Make the ability to fly and heal faster “e”. Make res her ult. Flying is fun, but I feel there is no impact when I use it.

play a hero that require skill for once maybe? You freeloaders are everywhere. On twitter, Reddit, Facebook you name it. Complaining 24/7/365

Oh… You’re one of those.

3 Likes

The new mercy move is very weak…

1. New superjump. Now you can superjump from anywhere in space, this is of course a plus, but now you can’t make an adequate super res, you can’t perform a small superjump to jump to the high ground and not peek in front of the widow, you can’t use a distant superjump to save more inertia in order to quickly relocate to a safe position , you can’t use the “sliding” mechanic on the ground in order not to crash into some door jambs, you can’t use a default shift without a jump (for example, when you are standing on a high ground with dps and ball jumps on you so as not to be thrown up and not to take off on widow’s joy)
  2. New spacebar. Previously, I could hold down the space and shift, and as soon as the teammate appeared in my visibility, I flew to him, but now, as soon as I see the teammate, my space works immediately after the shift automatically. This feature in the overwatch beta almost completely kills the merci play style from cooldowns. I just can’t properly hold the spacebar and shift because I’m afraid that the spacebar will immediately cancel the flight…
  3. New spacebar movement. Now it destroys all inertia even from flight. It’s cool if you don’t want to fly too high after a superjump, but it makes it impossible to get a normal highground. Now when I fly for a teammate who is taller than me, I simply have to fly almost completely to him and only then cancel the flight (so that the superjump is not automatically performed) due to the fact that the inertia is extinguished…
  4. Now the space after the shift does not give you a jerk, it only speeds up the shift itself. This makes it impossible to think about whether you should shift further than your teammate or not.

This new mercy movement is MUCH weaker than her version from overwatch 1. I really hope that blizzard will listen to the community and return the mercy movement to overwatch 2. She plays great in Overwatch 2, but such nerfs make her unplayable. I spent about a thousand hours playing mercy and play in the top 500 on her and I can say that the new movement nerfs her a lot.
The comment was translated by Google, sorry for the mistakes ^^

1 Like

Just simply change her back to previous beta… She was fine then

Fine? In the context that she hadn’t changed maybe.

She’s really weak overall in OW2. This is why they are trying small changes to her to try make her more consistently impactful.

1 Like

Afaik the super jump in 1 is a glitch they haven’t bothered to fix.

The new play style takes some time to get used to, hence beta.
It felt a bit wonky sure, but all I could think was “ok gotta learn how to properly play her in this now”

sorry for reviving a 3 day old thread, but I didn’t feel like a second line of messages on the same topic would be warranted.

The new jump mechanic makes things really hard.
I don’t even know how to do the old superjump and this new one is messing up my play (I play casual, so I don’t care if she’s a low rate pick. she needs rework but the one active right now is not the way to go.)
Unless you cancel GA before pressing rez, she will shoot up into the air and cancel the rez. and this is only with GA and then rez. no crouching or anything else going on.
sometimes in a clutch situation you may forget to cancel the ga, and then you’ve lost the rez.
bringing back the jump GA mechanic from the last beta feels like a good option until she has a proper rework.

1 Like

They are morons, what do you expect? Underpaid creatures of near human intelligence hehehehe.

1 Like