MMR reset please

It doesn’t make sense though. A new account only affects your starting SR. Wether you improve or not is basically the same in diamond and above. Do you actually happen to gain less SR with your main account or are you just losing more often?

I think your MMR is calculated over ALL matches since your first season(the average stats)… So with an account that have been active since season 1 he has lots of matches. So playing this season a game will be added and divided over all those matches so you get a + 0.0034 or something.
While with a new account, it will be added and then divided by a lesser amount. Since you have played a lot less… So the games will change your MMR real hard/fast… Where the old account almost isn’t changing even if you get stats a lot better now then the fist seasons.

So for example you always played in medium gold or lower. And never played much attention to teamwork or positioning. And kind of played like it was QP games . Then you watch some youtube tutorial, about playing better together and group fights and better positioning. And start doing those . You get that new season almost double all stats, because you die less and get more protection.
And you have now the game sense of a plat player. But because of your old account your MMR almost not changed you will get lesser points for wins and more points reduced by losses.
On your new account you don’t have that problem.

That is why a MMR reset isn’t really necessary i think. Just a change how MMR is calculated. So it only takes the stats of the last few seasons. And not your whole account history(from season 1 till now).

This might be true but the issue is SR, not MMR.

While MMR does tweak MatchMaking, it doesn’t affect your SR.

In fact, Blizzard stated that your MMR on an alt account will be the same as your main account within 10 matches. So if both accounts have similar MMR, then why is the OTP still in different ranks?

i find it stranges they even have season when they don’t reset MMR in the maintime, what is the point in my placement if the game don’t think i get better? comp would’t chance a bit if they removed season and just keep going whitout it, either they should soft reset MMR in between season, or don’t have season, it don’t make any seens

I only have one account. I am diamond level (no life level) and I am in gold - plat SR since season 5. I can’t get out no matter what I do. I got reported and even banned because matching players get upset on me and my border when they lose, blaming me for anything thinking I am trolling or something. So that being said I played on a new account, guess what? high diamond. GG BLIZZARD!

P.S. IF you one trick you lose less points when you lose than when you flex. Same applies for wining, e.g. you gain more points if you one trick. So what we suppose to do if we are penalised for flexing in a game that flexing and picking the right counter is the way to play the game? A BLUE ANSWER IS WAY OVERDUE ON THIS! oh wait nvm, the company goes broke soon…

What are you trying to say exactly with this?

Place higher is pretty easy, question is how long you can keep that rank, because few bad games and you will be where you are ať your main acc because you are not ready to be Diamond.

They did do one for like season 4 or something

Yeah iam pretty sure diamond is till somehow performance based. Just yesterday played a game lost and lost 37 sr and next game i won i got 3 sr… My friend was in the same match and he got -23 sr and +24

Diamond is not performance based. Played around 20games around 3000-3100 always won and lost the exact same amount.

I can’t see your rank cuz your profile is private, but I’m guessing your not in diamond? Or maybe you Disconnected from your game?

I think Diamond and above is still kind of performance based. Definitely while you are doing placement. You have mmr in higher ranks but its not affecting normal gain and loss in classic comp games.

Iam 3100 and i did not disconnect

Minor bump - I’d like an MMR reset. I rarely play OW any more and when I do I play around 3-3.5k. I have two accounts (as this one, my main) was too high rated to play with some friends. Both end up at 3kish since I got my alt up to 3k as well when my friends quit.

I haven’t played the alt for a year, do placements and am still around 3k. I’d rather chill in a lower bracket so I can see whats new in the game as everytime I come back, there’s a new character or new maps or something fundamental happens.

I wonder if blizzard even reads the forums. It seems like this game is going downhill fast and blizzard does not listen to its community at all

People do actually get responses sometimes from Blizz on the US forums (we don’t get much love here in the EU ones), but yeah it generally takes a lot of complaining from influential players (like the big streamers) before anything usually happens. The general community just get sidelined…

yeah i have a main account now floating around 2170 its impossible to climb out of gold again, but my alt is around 2660. games are actually easier in plat that gold i find. I feel the game is designed to keep you at a mmr i thinks you deserve, thats why nearly everyone who starts a new account gets 500 - 1000sr higher. It makes you think whether the devs do it on purpose to get more game sales

Ohh a very common problem you see its actually this that is the problem but you dont see it you are a platinum player i know its hard to accept but its true you simply bought a new account and got lucky to get placed in 3400 now alot of people do this and get boosted to diamond.

This is the reason why you are not dropping its actually hard to lose rating even if you throw but to gain rating you must play well you can be a 2500 rein in diamond and keep the rank for a long time but you wont be able to climb you will either drop or stay at the same.

You should if you belong to a higher rank have atleast 60% winrate after 50 games played as that is not the case it means you are not good enough to carry games and thats why you belong to a lower rank.

If you was to reset mmr all that does is make top 500 players play with bronze players and some of them bronze players are going to get placed higher and then the problem starts all over again.

Only way to fix this system is to make a new comp queue that is only 6 man and make a guild systems.

Yes, I have also been dropping down from my peak ratings. I take as a sign that the average skill level of players has actually gone up over time (the 3 years) somewhat. As in, you have stiffer competition to stay at the rank you were. It makes sense since the game has been out a while and the same people get more playtime.

I’ve gotten a LOT of really, really insulting posts about “how can you be so high level and still at X SR?” Well, if you assume that player improves over time, have you thought that the competition is also improving at the same time? Where does that leave you?

Its a fact that Blizzard devs don’t read the EU forums. If you want them to listen to you, you need to post on the US forums.

If you think you can’t climb despite the fact that you play a lot better, how is SR Boosting Service possible?

i think since u have few play hours on the new account the system inflates ur sr.thing is humans are very “monkey see monkey do” so even if u lose those games in high diamond u’ll probably learn enough to stabilize in diamond and climb back up after a while.if u play vs good players u learn good things if u play with bad players u learn bad things. to bad blizzard doesn’t take human nature in acount when making these systems.the games are 2 ridgidly constrained to a small sr gap in gold/plat and mostly diamond games.so ur learning from ppl kinda the same skills lvl and(this is important) make the same mistakes as u and as such dont recognise them as mistakes and dont punish them.as such growth is stunted

Hi everyone,

I’ve been playing casually this game since its first year, and I had a lot fun and really nice moments with overwatch. But not anymore. Not in its current state.

I played mostly ranked games in the solo-queue ladder, as quick play is for me too disorganized. I am a flex/support player, which means that most of the time I play as tank, support, and once in a blue moon as dps. After a few seasons I got hard stuck in mid-gold (2200-2400), and I decided to buy a new account to have a fresh start.

I started playing only dps in that new account. After the first 10-20 games, however, I became flexing again, picking the exact same heroes as in my main account (i.e., Winston, Zen, and Ana). And after the last two seasons using both accounts with the same hero pool, a strange thing happened: my main account is now in mid silver, and my alt-account is currently in high platinum. If the matchmaking system is as good as everybody assumes measuring the skill of the players, how is this even possible?

Well, to be fair, there was a long period of time (2 seasons) where my sr was more or less at the same point in both accounts. A few weeks ago I had a loose-streak with my main account and lost 200 sr quickly. And that was the no-return point, no matter what I did, what I pick or how well I performed, it seemed that the 3- and 4-dps comps pursued me wherever I went. Every match was a lottery, and if we have to face a proper comp (a standard 2-2-2), the match was almost an instant defeat. And the deeper I fell, the more difficult was to win games as a support or as a solo-tank: everybody was just playing as if it was a deathmatch solo game. No one grouped up, followed the pushes of the team, or played together (going one by one to the point seemed the main strategy in this rank, no matter how much you communicate with the team). It didn’t make any sense. Regarding the comps used in each game: 40% of the games were 2-2-2, 40% 3-dps, and 20% crazy off-meta comps (usually comprised by 4 or more dps).

Meanwhile, with my second account, I started climbing as if there were no tomorrow a couple of weeks ago (from 2300 to 2800). Playing exactly the same heroes. And the higher I went in the ladder, the easier was to fit in the team. The dps started to do his job with more accuracy, the tanks created space (and most often than not, talk!), and the supports… well, didn’t dps, focusing on healing. There were messy games too, but the frequency of those games were lower (we had a 2-2-2 60% of the games, vs. a 40% of the matches with 3-dps comps).

I don’t know what it’s happening, but I got the impression that this game is falling apart. And those pesky dps “never switch” main are only the tip of iceberg. I don’t what’s going on, but it was certainly enough for me.

Farewell, Overwatch.