Mouse and keyboard on consoles

If you want to use a keyboard and mouse, then get a PC, it’s that simple. Consoles are consoles for a reason. Nothing sad about it.

Gate keeping is sad.

Consoles are more than enough. Just allow the input method.

Some people aren’t as lucky as me and can’t afford ridiculous PCs, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to play the same game.

1 Like

The price of keeping a PC up to date I can buy a Series X and PS5 and Switch an possibly a game or two. Getting a console is easier.
In fact this may be the reason why the Steam Deck is taking off, A console’s only weakness is really it’s proprietary ego system, Imagine how much the Series X would have taken off it didn’t have such an echo system.

I agree with the others, that’s a sick gate keeping take.

1 Like

If you mean it’s unfair for PC to have a mouse & keyboard while still have access to a controller, Then you are right, I’m starting to think PC players fear consoles players being able to battle them on equal grounds.

1 Like

I’ve had my current PC for 5+ years and still able to play games like OW and WoW nicely. Haven’t paid a penny since.

Ps5 is pretty much the same price as a PC that can play games like OW fine.

Na, why would we fear them? They’d be just like every other player. The point you make about the controller being usable on PC as well, does make me think console should have the same sorta thing to make it equal. Although I think PCs shouldn’t be able to use controllers as well.

We? There’s a hive mind now?

1 Like

What if they can’t afford one? Must force players to buy PC in case we need to play with mouse and keyboard?

Lol, you should look to MWII instead. I bought my PS5 for only 480$ In 2020. You probably paid more than 1500$ that’s why you’re keeping defensive.

It’s fair enough if you made all players with all platforms play as they like whether they play Keyboard or controller. It’s such a ridiculous thought.

I don’t actually have a PS5 as I don’t want one. :man_shrugging: I’m more of a PC gamer.

So, you’re more selfish now I see.

1 Like

For players in Bronze… this is probably true.

More players coming in that would just stomp on them.

The solution is easy. Match based on input method, platform then is totally irrelevant. You can have a PC and use a controller if you so please. You would just be on controller lobbies instead.

Given that Microsoft are wanting to push cloud gaming and have people playing games on any device, anywhere. Input match making would probably be the way forward.

1 Like

Nice troll remark there, trying to throw in a dig.

Nice to see people blinded by such behavior.

Not selfish, but for someone that spent a lot on my current set up, seeing people able to use a mouse n keyboard on a console takes the cake, my opinion of course.

Wasn’t talking about you, just general bronze players. Odd that you got twitchy about that.

Behaviour? Look at yourself.

This is called arrogance and entitled. The hardware is irrelevant. If that was the case, might as well match based on GPUs.

I have a 4090… If someone prefers to play with mouse and keyboard on a Xbox, brilliant. The more players we have the better.

Oh yes you was, and you know it.

Grow up dude… I’m allowed to have an opinion without getting insulted by a bunch of randoms on the forum. Still have no idea how you aren’t banned yet (again)

I haven’t behaved inappropriately at all on this thread, just gave my opinions. Spreading misinformation yet again.

? You’ve jumped to conclusions. Not everything is about you.

I would have hoped by now you weren’t a bronze player anyways.

You are entitled to your opinion, and others are entitled to say you are being arrogant.

Another reason I wished the game had a single player mode and co-op because there would be a section for that and all that fighting and arrogances can have it’s own space.
Why is that every time someone has an idea to help the game and make it fun for everyone they get attacked here? Other places liked my ideas but here, it’s like people get threaten when some ask for features that won’t really effect “their” game.

Your idea was good. Just unworkable. Would require them working on another totally separate game from scratch.

OW is all about teams, combos and coordination. Something you can’t replicate with AI bots.

How do you know that exactly? I’ve played games with online being the focus and still have single player. My ideas are coming from what I’ve learn experimenting with the custom mode and what was shown of PVE, it’s 100% doable. Unless you have some actual insider knowledge and have proof to back it.
You’re going to show some actual data now.
Who’s to say they haven’t already done what you’ve said? From what it looks like from what was shown off they broke off PVP to make a separate game while PVE would be it’s own game, so we could very well have 2 versions of Overwatch 2, It’s not as odd as it sounds because there were Kirby games that had modes that became their own games.

Because ow doesn’t have that. So it would need to be built.

They barely have the resources in people and time to do what they are doing now. So your idea would be unlikely.

Also, it would need to be co-op and online, ow just isn’t a single player game.

Believe what you want man.
People said there was never going to be another game like Shantae on the GBC.
People said the Switch couldn’t handle games like DBZ Kakarot and FighterZ and The Witcher 3 for the matter, Skyrim etc, People even said that Bayonetta 3 won’t happen and it all did.
So unless the dev team post in this very topic that what I’m theorizing is humanly impossible then it still can be done because they were working on this for years now.

The game you desire will be out there somewhere. I just don’t see it working with the Overwatch IP.

The game is all about the team, the unit. Something you can’t really replicate in single player.

Now if it was just missions where you say, get Soldier 76 and run through a base to take people out… Maybe. But I can’t see them doing that.