My take on Avoid slots

Knowing this is a topic cursed with “abusable”…
i still would like …
More Avoid Slots.
And Permanent Avoid Slots.

I ( and thats me) would accept longer wait times … knowing i dont have to play with certains Toxic, Angry People again.
This Community dropped so low at certain points …
you can win (actually carry) a Game and people will be mad at you.
Im not even talking about the “1st fight gone wrong throwers” or the “i play this hero until i reach 0 SR players” …

I want to get rid of the People who ruin my fun, even tho im a scrub, old weekend Player … i would gladly accept longer wait times just to make sure i never meet certain “horrible” examples of the Human race again.

My Take … make of it what you want.

Maybe make it an “OPT IN” Feature ? (to take off load from the Matchmaker).

Anyways … GL & HF Gamers !
May the Toxic people be on the other Team!

3 Likes

I perfectly understand the situation.

Though queue times will be extended for all Players since users cannot be put in a lobby if it even includes one of those users on your team. Makes it even harder if permanent slots existed.

Apart from that, avoids are also used for preferences.
It’s just a system purely for the preference of the player, so it could also see abuse or just normal usage which increases queue times too.

If this were to happen we’d probably see 10 minutes extend the queue’s, the longer this feature is out the more avoids. Could start with 30 or an hour higher, would become worse and worse.

1 Like

Reasonable Points !
There is no solution to “insert remark of the worst Human possible here”.
So we have to do with 3 avoid slots valid for a week …

That said … GL & HF Gamers !

1 Like

I ( and thats me) would accept longer wait times

Your wait time wouldn’t be significantly longer, it would be the trolls and throwers who would have longer queues… Blizzard will never allow this because toxic players are a huge source of income.

1 Like

Depends on your rank, if your gold avoid slots make no difference what so ever, having 1, none or 10 wouldn’t really change your que time based on the numbers of players.

The higher you go it starts to become a massive issue and can be exploited with ease.

So 3 is probably fair.

But as long as your not behaving like a tit and getting avoided, it doesn’t really matter. You cant make others behave.