New event idea to create

Say ive been thorough alot of new threads on here and alot of people seem to have an issue of how you collect and gain credits.

As the sysyem, i find that works well were you get 3 loot boxes for playing arcade mode every single week.
But there you get the loot boxes also once you have leveled up as a congratulations or once an event has started for a good will gesture.
But people have still complained on getting more duplicates and only receiving 15credits per one. With a rare chance of receiving credits.

My idea is maybe for the blizzard team to create an event (possibly called something like “coin blitz”) where the winning team of a match recieves 100credits, the defeated recieves 50credits, but also for each kill in the match you recieve 100credits.

Not an event to come back like total mayhem, but more like an anniversary event.
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Hi,

Interesting idea but fundamentally at odds with Blizzard’s business model for Overwatch.

I would assume Blizzard make significant bank off people purchasing lootboxes, especially during events.

Your proposed “Coin Blitz”, especially in the quantities you’ve specified would make it super easy to farm coins at a rate where a potentially significant portion of the player-base would no longer feel the need to invest their IRL cash into lootboxes, due to all the currency they were able to farm during “Coin Blitz”.

Even if Blizzard were to implement something like this, I could see them upping the cost of new event skins beyond the current 3,000 currency to compensate. (Remember when event legendaries were the same price as base-game legendaries?).