Nvidia 2060 RTX Crash random

using the latest drivers as of today 471.68
i always do a DDU install. So no old drivers linger around.

i have gotten strange crashes, the game freezes, then goes to black screen, and says no dispalyport connected.

So i bought new cables, certified ( Displayport )

Problem still persisted, mind you this is totally random, i can play the game for hours at end with no crash, and then it can randomly crash.
Or as today, played skirmish while waitng for que to pop into competative, for 12 mins, get in the game, select hero and as the gates opens up it crashes.

This is anoying af, and it only occurs in Overwatch, today i got a new error.
Game crashes as i hop into the menus :slight_smile:
12D3E65C-FD97-4448-9F55-E5414632F77D ( Crash report id )

This has cost me so much SR over the last few months, can you please advise?

( PS: i have done a complete re-install of windows and all programs, 2 times, did not fix the issue )

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
16gb RAM
Nvidia 2060 RTX 6GB MSI
Asus ROG strix B450-F Gaming

1 Like

Hey reachaboi,

The specific error that your crash report ID points to, seems to be an access violation error, from a program that is being used while Overwatch is running.

Please, give the steps mentioned in here a try.

tried that, that solved that issue, but not my other issue that I’ve had over the course of a few months now. The one I don’t have a error crash report id for, seeing as my entire computer locks down and freezes while playing overwatch.

As I mentioned before I have a lot of steps I have already taken, what more can I do?
seeing as I keep getting punished with SR drops from crashes that occurs very often, and not me just leaving the game.

• i cannot post, it says please wait for other to participate?

10 days and no answer? whats up , this aint really working still persists. i dont know what to do, i dont wanna be randomly shafted of SR due to this game crashing randomly.

Want to join here in this conversation as I thought I was the only one having the same issue.

I play different games on my computer, and OW is the only one that randomly crashes and I have to restart my PC. Sometimes I join a new OW comp and it crashes, and since I have 10 seconds to come back I loose SR and get 15 minutes suspension.

Other times is mid game and I due manage to come back.

Other times I can play for hours and it doesn’t crash.