Nvidia display driver crash mid Copa Lucioball match

I rejoined the game and finished it and was still suspended for 20 minutes. I’ve heard that there’s nothing that can be done about that, but it’s only a result of the problem, not a cause.

Still not sure why this driver crash keeps happening. It’s a GT 710 2GB running on Windows 8.1. The driver version isn’t new, but then the latest driver had the same problems but worse. Also, this version was previously stable until recent game updates.

A website advised uninstalling the driver and installing a slightly more recent version, but the uninstallation method was wrong, as I found out too late. And now I can’t install any newer drivers to see if they would work and uninstalling the old one would have me stuck with no drivers for my GPU at all.

I’m no expert in such matters, but which drive do you have Overwatch installed on?

The default C drive.

I’ve now had my rendering device crash again and this time I was in standard comp. Concerned I might have a season ban now or be very close to one considering I couldn’t rejoin.

I updated the driver now, and it’s getting worse again. I can’t even start a regular quickplay game without it crashing a few seconds in.

I apologise, but I can only advise you to search for some articles on this and/or wait for others to attempt to help you.

Hello Yaldy,

I would recommend reading through this post and trying all the different advice there:

This specific error can be caused by several different reasons, so it’s important to try different things to fix it. On the other hand, if it keeps persisting even after trying all the steps, I would recommend taking your computer to a local technician so they can make sure everything is okay hardware-wise.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!