Ok (15 characters)

I’m done with these forums. Have a good one and good luck liberating Hong Kong from behind your desks

1 Like

We don’t care that you don’t care that people are leaving. Even if you’re being whiny about people being whiny about role queue or whatever.

Maybe don’t open up threads about this subject, then you won’t have to claim that you don’t care about it, even though you obviously cared enough to open the thread in the first place and then make an entirely new thread telling everyone how you don’t care about it lmao.

8 Likes

What EndOfTheLine said.

Pretty ironic to open a thread like this. And just because YOU don’t care doesn’t mean others don’t care. This is not about people announcing they’re leaving because they don’t like the game but what political stance Blizzard takes.

5 Likes

And you coming here with 1 post and giving us the 3rd degree.
How ironic.

That’s actually not true, atleast Blizzard sees the amount of hatred aimed towards them. So they can actually …wake… THE F*CK UP. They NEED …to see… what they’ve done, they need to be punished

I am not going to post direct links , but if you really want to help the Hong Kong cause, Your not going to make any impact deleting games and rage posting on internet gaming forums, please investigate one of the thousand better ways there are to focus your energy and help those directly affected.

1 Like

Lmao, I think it’s funny to post random stuff sometimes. If I was whiny though you would’ve seen me do it more often which I should because this is just fun

And tbh you’re one of the first that actaully says something with humor. They’re also so stiff here. Just coming here for sh*t and giggles most of the time

I’m old, and I’ve been playing games for a long time. This really bothers me. If our response isn’t overwhelming and unignorable nothing will ever change. I can see why younger people would think it’s a waste of time. Gamers are probably the most marginalized population with respect to their opinions, if we actually showed some solidarity we could make the industry what we want it to be.

I’m protesting with my money, but I’m letting them know exactly why i’m boycotting them.

1 Like

They don’t take any political stance. The dude just broke the rules that were written by Blizzard. There shouldn’t be a debate.

Yes he did, but it’s more the way they reacted which has people disgusted.

Sure I understand that it’s wrong what blizzard did. And I fully agree why people are angry. But you know why you shouldn’t mix politics in events? Because a lot of crap comes out of it. 2 casters are fired by his words, he lost his price and the event was completely done. He caused trouble even though it was for something good.

I haven’t read the contract that the participants of the blizzard tournament signed (probably no one has because it’s not public?). Someone stated that there is nothing in the contract about speaking about politics. Who knows. Doesn’t matter to me.

Imho they are taking a political stance. They must have known what they were doing. Even if his contract said something and Blizzard is “legally” right. There MUST be a debate.

This has nothing to do with Blizzard or the guy anymore. If you look at companies like Apple and Google etc. There are instances where maps where drawn in favor of China, Emojis were removed/changed, stuff like that.
Reddit is owned by Tencent. Who knows what will happen in the future. How many Winnie the Pooh memes will be posted before Reddit will do something?

“The Overwatch forums is for Overwatch related posts only” since this has turned into a political debate it shouldn’t be here. End of story. Sorry if I react so short. I’m just done with this I really want to discuss the game instead of this Hong Kong business.

Stop discussing it, then? No one is forcing you to engage in these discussions and yet it seems you’re getting involved in every thread about it.

On the US forum where they actually have active mods, there’s a 4,500 post master thread on this subject that the mods have been redirecting other threads to. Meaning they’ve looked at the subject matter and decided that people should be allowed to talk about it, otherwise they would have deleted them instead. Therefor it is perfectly fine to discuss it on the forum.

Finally, you remember in Pirates of the Caribbean where the pirate captain says the rules are more like guidelines? Well, that’s how things work in practice. They are there to keep some level of order, but some rules are supposed to be bent and some rules are supposed to be broken. We are not automatons. We are free, complex biological life forms. We have created an idea of a society with rules and regulations but it is the very fact that we’re allowed to bend and break those rules on a daily basis which allows our society to work.

It’s the reason our rules and laws have judges. Things cannot be absolute. There must be wiggle room. Captain Picard once said “There can be no justice so long as laws are absolute” and he was right.

The debate will be had and your attempts to hush people up will not work. :woman_shrugging:

Again, ironically censorship is what this is all about. You’re not allowed to speak up in some places of the world, and therefor it is on us people who are free to speak up on their behalf. We are free to chat about it here, and that’s something to be celebrated.

I’m glad that people are free to chat about things without the fear of dissapearing into one of Mr Creedys black bags. (( That’s a V for Vendetta reference. )) :yum:

What I meant to say with that is I will stop since there is no respect between the parties involved. I still think this is shouldn’t be discussed here that’s my opinion but if someone goes outta their way and calls me dense or that I am a person without emphaty I just stop. Their is no fair discussion anymore. I’m all about fair discussion and sure some points are definitely correct you stated and I respect those choices. I don’t think you or anyone should be silenced but my idea is that this isn’t the place. That’s all. Respect my opinion and I will respect the opposite too even if I don’t completely agree with everything

Edit
I will drop it now since the discussion for me is just over. I’ve said my thing and that’s all I wanted to do.

Oh… Well fair enough. I haven’t been following the thread closely enough to read every response so I didn’t see the insults.

It’s not alone this post. It just the people that go to far into discussion. They pull out massacres all the bad stuff China did. But it’s not a topic. That’s why I say this stuff… sure I made a bad post once or twice but these people think so narrow minded they don’t want to see my points and call me anything what comes to mind to them.

he just said a few words. If anything it’s Blizzards over the top reaction which has caused all of the problems. They could have handled this in the back like professionals, a small fine, explained the situation to him. The way they reaction made them the bad guys and if people don’t see that, then all I can say is some of us will forever live our lives following TOS and small print while others will often put principles and actual human lives before rules and regulations. I stand with him and HK in this. Blizz acted very poorly.

The difference is Reddit probably would do something, as companies have in the past. There is a long history of companies that have backed out of deals with China or refuse to do business in China, considering the way they’re forced to operate. Which is sometimes counter to their values.

Blizzard did not however, and that stain is on them.

Grow the f up and realize its not about this game, but about the message blizzard is widely ignoring.

1 Like