Overwatch 2 Beta crashes

I have the same problem. After a couple of minutes on any settings the game locks and then CTD’s with an error report window. Also tried repairing, re-installing.

UPDATE

Downgraded to fresh windows 10 install and the issue still persists.

Specs

Windows 11
Geforec 3080
Ryzen 9 5900x
64GB Ram
Multi-monitor, in case it’s relevant.

3 Likes

Having this same issue! Had one when I was fiddling with options, then one when I was just walking around testing abilities - both seemed to occur around the same time of 5min or so.

3 Likes

I have a similar issue, whenever I start the game and am in the menu it runs normally. As soon as I get into a game it will freeze during the loading screen and then if not freeze at some point early in the game usually when im picking my character. Its extremely frustrating and I meet all the spec requirements and have restarted multiple times. Any ideas?

3 Likes

I have the same problem, when I start the game it crashes after a couple of minutes.

2 Likes

Same here, i thought it doesn’t work because of my lower pc specs, but since this is happening to even higher pc spec pcs, then idk what to do.

3 Likes

I knew something like this would happen in the OW2 beta

There was obviously gonna be some sort of problem

Same happens for me and now i got penalized for leaving cause of that as well. It makes no fun like this :frowning:

my Pc just Turns off

When I launch the game it goes to a black screen and crashes after 5 seconds.

1 Like

Im having the same issue, after roughly 5-6 mins my game freezes and i have to close it with task manager. now it keeps saying that im penalized for leaving mid games, if this results in a matchmaking ban cuz of these crashes imma be very upsad.

Please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know, if tried scanning and repairing, updating my drivers and windows, and re installing the entire game ( which includes Overwatch aswell )

Same problem, but its when im picking sojourn in practice range or picking any dps in quick play, my game freeze and kick me out and by saying to explain what happened and send the report to blizzard.

2 Likes

Absolutely same here, I reinstalled my drivers, tried to relaunch,scan n repair the files. Nothing helps it .

1 Like

same issue her tryed everything but it just doesnt start, high specs pc btw

Same problem Here. And always when It crashes I get a pop up windows saying „resources need to function Overwatch app are reserved by other application.”. But everything in the background is Closed. I later check how much of my resources took Overwatch 2 and it didn’t even hit my 4GB of vRAM and 8 GB o normal RAM

My Specs:
Ryzen 5-3550H
GeForce GTX1650 with 4 GB
8GB Ram

1 Like

I have the same issue. I can play for about 10 minutes or so, and after that it crashes. Sometimes when I am in the settings, most of the time when I am in the middle of the game. I received the “you’ll be penalized” message for leaving the matches early, but I understood that those penalties will not be applied. I really hope so.

The error I receive when the game crashes is:

“your rendering device has been lost. Application closing!”

Otherwise, nice job!

2 Likes

The post I made before I realized that nobody at Blizzard looks at those and they are just answered by a “here’s what could be the problem” bot.

“My game keeps freezing and crashing out of nowhere. In the character selection, I can’t even hover over certain characters without a crash. Other times I can play some characters to a certain point and the game freezes. I turned off all overlays, I have the minimum specs required to play, My drives are up to date, I’ve scanned/repaired as well as reinstalled the game, I have my setting at the lowest options, and I get a pretty solid 60 fps. I also found this happens faster in the training room than in normal games. I still have yet to even finish a game. I think I’ve exhausted every solution except for waiting for Blizzard to fix it; but I feel like by the time they do, the beta will be over. Can anybody help me?”

We are all in a sad boat.

4 Likes

I’m still having the issue. Did you manage to fix it?

I deleted crashmailer.exe from the x64 folder, and it seems to help… have been able to complete a single game now without a crash

1 Like

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-pvp-beta-technical-support-questions/27884/3