Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

MMR is affected - as stated by the devs on a link you pointed me towards previously.

It’s not a mentality thing. Its fair that the game is cancelled and the leaver is penalised/banned from competitive.

1 Like

You are in denial and unless you start to make sense i will stop replying its that simple… How can you say seperate queues will not solve anything?

It takes literally a second to realize that with leavers in a seperate queue it solves everything! But wait you cant accept being wrong so what will you come up with as a retort? They will buy another copy? So as soon as they leave a game on the new account they get segregated in a seperate queue!

Its the only way to fix it, Stop being difficult.

2 Likes

Split player base is dumb. Overly punishing people for issues out of their control. The odd person who is a legit leaver will get longer bans anyways so why worry about where they go next.

Get over what happened in the last match, learn from it and move on.

“Being difficult”. Is that was disagreeing with bad idea is now? Well, brace yourself.

i like this idea tbh.

1 Like

You are wrong when you say it is out of thier control. It is 100% under thier control and 100% thier fault. How? Because they chose to queue for an (online multiplayer) game instead of single player. They chose to remain in thier current house. They chose not to pay for better internet. They chose and have complete control.

Just accept facts if you drop connection you dont have the required connection and should stop trying. The knocks at the door are also preventable… Just stay seated or better yet plan better! Put notes on the door do not disrurb.

This is why i have no sympathy for these people who chose out of thier own ignorance and selfishgreed to keep queueing and dropping. I will and would pay to avoid these people! Just have two queues have an Overwatch Premium subscription that costs 12 dollars per year and only allow non leavers into that queue. Or just kick them out into thier seperate leaver queue.

Thats it fixed, No one has to suffer for these people and at the end of the day im reporting everyone of them after games, If i see someone whos ignored or reported in my future games ill simply play one of the many online games that do stop leavers.

3 Likes

Well, you certainly sound fun.

How about just chilling out. It really doesn’t matter that much.

And, btw. You can have the best house, best connection, fastest internet and still get a random disconnect.

So grow up, get over it and crack on.

There is nothing to learn from.
You get a leaver, your team is 99% likely to lose.
All you get is a loss, a loss of SR, and a loss of MMR.

Separate queues would resolve this, as proven in the likes of Dota/CS:GO for example. Low trust factor players are placed into their own queues until can be proven to be reliable (unsure on the time/100% game completion required).
Very Very rarely do I get a leaver in any of those games. Overwatch however, it can happen 2-3 times across the same amount of matches, and the odds are 90% against me if not more.

One night it was 5 times in a row, that is a massive drop in SR.
I since won a game after that but I didn’t get the lost SR back :confused:

You can learn something from every match. More so from losses.

If you truly think “there is nothing to learn”… then that is your biggest issue. If your objective is to improve at the game obviously.

If you are happy just chilling doing your thing, so be it who cares.

Well done on winning that game. Honestly don’t care about you losing SR. Your mindset is wrong first, i’d work on that before worrying about SR. No offence.

Or as some football manager coined it… mentality monster. You have to have the drive to improve. If you don’t, just chill and go with the flow. SR will be gone in a couple of weeks I believe anyways.

Don’t worry, you do not offend me. You are right, you do not have to care about me losing SR, just worry about your own performance/gameplay, if you wish to work on your own mindset first then please, continue.

My mindset is fine, and correct.

Back to the original point discussed above, Blizzard can make improvements via a second queuing system.

1 Like

Exactly. This is why you shouldn’t be worrying too much about leavers.

Yes, they can be annoying. But it doesn’t stop you from doing your job or being able to learn from the mistakes you end up making.

There is no “second” queue system for a reason (even if those rigged loons think there is a winners/losers queue…). Because it just wouldn’t work, and is at its core a bad idea.

Why would you say that? Do you think I have stopped doing my job/being able ot learn from my mistakes? If so I would really like to see this evidence.

A leaver in a game, is not one of my mistakes, the fact one of the other team members leaves after 90 seconds, is not one of my mistakes.
The fact I have lost SR/MMR is not one of my mistakes, it is by game design, and poor game design if this amount of leavers is “acceptable” by Blizzard.

We never said there should be a winners/losers queue. Consistent leavers/throwers should be placed into their own queuing system until they prove that they’re reliable.

It would work, as proven in other competitive games. In CS/Dota, I hardly ever get a leaver, literally never so it feels. Overwatch is not different in design to these games, you win a game, you gain points, you lose, you lose points. In regards to leavers on Overwatch though I can get 3 games with a leaver, even 5 on that one night. I consider this unacceptable if they consider this to be a ranked/competitive game.

I really really doubt other games have got it wrong, yet have the functionality installed, and from personal experience, it does work!

2 Likes

Weirdly, because of the queen stuff going on yesterday I decided to just play OW all day.

Played something 20 games on tank and 10 on support. (Too many mercy players in gold/plat)

On the leaver front, I had 1 game cancelled by a leaver. Was an Anubis and the map dodged before it even started, so not going to complain about that… Other than that, no leavers, no cheater, no one trolling, no throwers nothing.

Just me playing well some games, and like a donkey in others.

I live in a normal village, Have Fibre 80mb and i never once dc in any OW match thst i remember. So id like to question thier internet and location. Its not cheap fibre but the only time it ever drops is 1am-5am they might drop once for an hour every 6months.

It could be my isp maintence but in peak time i can pretty much guarantee bar a fire when i sit down for a match nothing is gonna cause me to leave. Im not a bad person for wanting to play with like minded people. Infact many other games promote segregation of leavers backing up my mindset.

1 Like

You are definitely not, and it’s good to hear you’ve got a decent setup!

But others doing something, doesn’t mean it is a good idea. If they actually do do it.

Agreed, many other games do it as they know it ruins the game for everyone else, is not what competitive/ranked games should be taking into account.

1 Like

a lot of people get kicks out of ruining others experience on games

So that means everyone can play ow2?

Yes. It is open for everyone to play.