Overwatch classic, when?

Provocative title, i know.
Just hear me out, today i decided to come back to the game i once loved and played for hours on end and it didn’t realy click with me how anyone can still enjoy this nowadays.

Since i am having problems collecting my thoughts lemme list a few things that where better before:

• Quickplay was just a click and you where in the game
  • you could choose any hero you like(as long as nobody else picked it after the patch)
  • Symmetra had a rightklick that would pierce through shields and a shield generator that could act as 2.nd support if you can build it fast, i realy liked her niche role.
  • there was no Doomfist.
  • there was no weekly arcade that has the condition to WIN. outside of ranked there was as lot of fun to be had. you would just play the game and there was less salt about having to win a game.
  • back then the playerbase was alot bigger so on average the matchmaking felt better
  • there was no Doomfist. this deserves to be here 2 times since you can’t realy switch to a counter hero if you don’t have the right role selected.
  • there was no overwatch 2 announced. why would you invest time in the game is just the beta for the future “game”? its just in the back of my head but OW 1 is still loosing respect points for that move.

Also matches feel very short now and i think its because there is more waiting time in between. It’s also more a me thing i guess, since i just want to PLAY(and for the most time support my team).

Since this is pretty negative so far let me tell you a few things i would pretty much like in the game going forward. to be frank going back to release or year one OW is not realy my intention since it also had some flaws that get overlooked because we where all in our honeymoon period.

I would realy love something like 15-20 min matches on a set timer with counting flags/carts/kill/finishing megazords/used ults/whatever would be pretty cool i think, but that also needs a mechanic that enables comebacks since the matchmaking right now(quickplay/arcade) would more likely make the team leave the game that looses.

Give everyone of the 6 players at the start a ban vote and if a hero gets 2 votes the enemy team isn’t allowed to play this hero. if there are not 3 heroes banned via 2 votes the last banns get chosen at random between the heros that got a at least 1 vote. don’t be fancy with it. just let both teams see what the votes are on right now and the vote should end 5 sec before the game starts. ffs don’t create another pre-game phase thats only banning.

And i want my old “support” Symmetra back but the news sym should never go back since its
maybe better you make another hero thats similar to old Symmetra but give her a real support role this time. Like the team did with rehgar and Thrall in HOTS.
For me the cornerstones where shield generator, rightklick that fires throu shields and her turrets.
lets put away the damage turrets and give her 2 turret types. a healing turret and turrets that slow down enemys. for the main attack… either make the old lazor(Symmetra leftklick) heal ppl and get stronger over time but you have to be close or better make the ball(old rightklick) that goes trough ppl heal allies and damage to the enemy. something like that.

I went on pretty long, sorry.
I pretty much like you already for reading my ramblings to the end!

we are getting the old competitive back so take it whats available . they wont be putting out old balancing of heroes .so take what it is .
mercy will never get team resurrection back for example.

Mercy should either get mass Rez or get deleted, because there’s no way any sane development team can defend the current pathetic state. At least removing her from the game would be more honest.