Overwatch crashes everytime when trying to open it

After halloween update, I’m not able to open overwatch without it crashing immediately. I have tried with my last working driver version and i have updated to the newest one, and no change. Also read somewhere about updating razer synapse, but that didn’t work either. I don’t have discord on either. I have also disabled avast, but no change. I have also reinstalled the whole game and done the repair, but no change.

Error: AEBE3DC4-3E88-468C-BCBA-2DF1CC9DC8E9

Second problem is why I had to make topic: I’m not able to make a ticket. Everytime I press the second submit button on the page “are you sure you have tried these options” it sends me back to the previous page without making an active ticket, I don’t know whats the problem there. I’m not blocking pop ups or anything with my browser, and it happened in both firefox and chrome.

Hi, BeeBee! o/

If you have Razer Synapse, that’d be my first suspect. Uninstall it completely to check if the game works after that. If it does, then you can try installing Synapse 3, which usually works fine with Overwatch.

If you still have issues after this, we’ll need some system files. Copy the result in a page like pastebin, and post here the links to each file, so we can have a look at them.

Nope, like i said before, I shut synapse totally down and didn’t work. But now I even uninstalled it just in case, but error still there, here is code after uninstallation

A451AC7B-A434-40F1-A90D-842F889D8191

Hello BeeBee :slight_smile:

Your msinfo is sadly incomplete so we can’t see certain details, from the information we have however the crashes looks to be due to a conflict with a third party software.

Would you be so kind as to try restarting your system in a selective startup mode?

If you have AVG or Avast installed on your system, please also try to uninstalling them.

My full msinfo was so big i couldn’t fit it in pastebin, i don’t know if there better location to put it fully?
And do i just launch overwatch in the selective startup or what do i do in there? I have avast, but I have had problems with it and games before, and I have learned to disable it so the games work again, so I don’t think thats the problem, i also did the precautions with OW

Hi again, BeeBee! o/

If the msinfo file is too big, you can remove the part starting after the Windows Error Report. The steps are described here. The article says to leave 10 lines after the error report starts, but it would be better if you leave 30 or even a few more.

here it is msinfo,::

Hey BeeBee, thanks for providing this file!

It seems to be related to the version of your Razer software installed on your computer. The easiest fix is normally to uninstall first and then try upgrading instead to the version 3 beta available on their site.

However from the MSInfo it does look like the selective startup wasn’t done, so redoing those steps (ensuring you restart the system after) should help, as that should also disable any other programs that could be causing issues with Overwatch (and other games).

It works now! It was combination of avast AND synapse together blocking OW. Uninstalling both of them made the game work again. I don’t have any razer device that works with synapse 3 so i don’t need it. Im gonna try if I can make synapse 2 work without having avast

Great! Glad to hear this is fixed now! Happy gaming :slight_smile: