Overwatch locked at 64fps

Usually the game runs at 165fps for me at 1440p. Out of all the pros and cons of this game I often think about and appreciate just how well and smooth the game engine runs.

Since today the game is locked at 64fps, even though all my in-game and Geforce settings show 165fps, the game won’t go past 64fps. Strange thing is, I just played a couple of games and as soon as the game is over, when you see the victory or defeat screen, the game suddenly jumps back up to 165fps, for those last few seconds.

I’m guessing there was an update or something last night which messed things up?

PS: also tried disabling G-SYNC, made no difference.

1 Like

Your 60Hz monitor can’t tell the difference, friend.

Oh Artemis, why must you always pour salt on my wounds :salt:

1 Like

Looks like this is an international crisis

1 Like

In case anyone else is using Razer Synapse, that’s what was causing the problem

My PC used to get hot when playing this game. (high graphics), I lowered the graphics and it still looks the same, and my PC is cool and runs very smoothly. Overall, the graphic difference isn’t really noticeable.

Same. My 1080ti would always rocket up to 90c whenever I played OW, which always made me uncomfortable so I attached the GPU to an AIO liquid air cooler and now temps during Overwatch are around 55-65c. Much more bearable.

My dad asked last winter why I don’t have the heater on. Not needed I said :joy: pc always between 50-90c, heating up my tiny room just perfect.

1 Like

You want to be careful with that. I had an Alienware before, very little airspace inside, and heated up like the sun when playing WoW, eventually the system fried.

I have the solution. LOOK HERE for answer,

It’s a problem caused by razer synapse because of an update they released about a week ago. You have to disable the connection to overwatch in razer synapse and it will be fixed.