Overwatch matchmaking system

Hi guys,

I will start with the beginning. You know that little game on steam called Covacs fps aim trainer, well about 1 month ago I started to train in it. At the beginning, on the map long strafes, the first map the games throws you in, I had 40-42% accuracy. Now guess what? I kept at it and I am managing to get above 60% (while constant tracking not burst fires) even without struggling.

Well let’s take that to Overwatch, shall we? (Not to mention I have trained on other maps as well,special overwatch maps like widow,mcree,hanzo etc. and this is just the example to support my argument)

I started playing overwatch on Pc 6 months ago. First ranked at 2.2 SR, after 3-4 months I have climbed up to 2.5 then I stood there for a little while and struggled and struggled until I started aim training and it finally happend. I managed to get out of 2.5 got 2.6SR and was still going for it last month until I have reached 2.8. All that happend with trolls and stuff in game - As in players saying man this tracer(me) she is to low lvl for this SR let’s derank here and they were actually throwing. This really happened in a game. I even had a 10 win streak from 2.6 to 2.8. All of this was when my accuracy in the aim trainer that I have mentioned was hanging some where near 50% but with struggle. Do not forget, now I get above 60% without struggle and it’s not that easy to be honest, I mean it’s above average.
Well, since I have better aim and it shows in game too, I have improved alot with my mains : TRacer, Mcree, Widow. Guess what? Overwatch doesn’t care about it I am getting better at my aim but went from trying to reach Diamond back to 2.5 SR.

Please let me know how is this possible if it’s not the matchmaking system being broken?

Ok

I am a low diamond player. Most of the time when I am not playing too much I end in platinum. But if I really want to I get my crap together and grind to diamond. This happens every time, at least during 3 seasons I climb up without much of a problem.

So your issue? It is something unique to you I am afraid. We are either playing 2 different games or the system (Illuminati? The Man? Green aliens? Lizard people?) want to get you.

1 Like

I don’t see your point. The matchmaker only knows our SR as a number. It doesn’t know what we are actually good at or which heroes. It doesn’t take into account if we’ve been deranking or have played with someone carrying us. The people I play with in plat are often worse than the people I play with in silver for reasons even beyond me. But I guess it’s just more smurf-heavy down in silver.

1 Like

This experience should be a teaching moment: your aim rarely matters that much. The goal of a match isn’t to get kills, the goal is the objective. Killing the main tank may be enough to win a team fight, killing everyone but a DPS may not be enough to win.

If you have 30+ elims and aren’t winning, consider how valuable those kills were. You might not be shooting the right people. Maybe you need to swap heroes. But even if you land 100% of your shots you are never guaranteed a victory, so don’t bother “aim training”. Practice in game is better than practice outside it.