Overwatch restarts my computer for no reason

So, i’ve been encountering this problem recently, here’s the explanation from my understanding:
So, instead of turning off my computer, i always put it in sleep mode. After i take it off of sleep mode and launch overwatch, It runs smooth and normal as usual, when i join a game, after a minute it restarts my computer with no crash messages or whatsoever. After my computer restarts itself, game runs completely normal without any restarts, until the next day when i take my pc off of sleep mode and play overwatch. This is definitely not my computer overheating or having trouble running it. Game runs the same every time, 140 FPS, no heating at all, nothing wrong… It just restarts my computer for no reason at all and then when i keep playing right after the reboot it won’t do it ever again until the very next day.

Hi LastGuardian,

It’s impossible to say what is causing the issue you described; it could be a third party software conflict that takes place during the sleep mode, a power-setting issue with system having troubles to restore a settings once out of sleep mode, a RAM issue, and so on.
Try running a selective startup and see if the issue occurs with no unnecessary background application active. :slight_smile:
Another thing you could try, is using a high-performance power plan - but you’ll need to re-activate it every time you “wake your system up”.

If the issue persists, I’d recommend checking with a local professional technician if there are any underlying issues with your system, especially if you need to leave your computer in sleep mode for reasons different than just shaving off some time on restart.

Feedback? Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Vyraneer

i have exactly the same problem, i bring new power supply (cosair 860i what a expensive omg …can’t fix it ) , i tried another software full loading eg : 3dmark, no problem, only overwtach cause reboot. .

" After my computer restarts itself, game runs completely normal without any restarts"

Are exactly the same

I have the same problem. Every 10th game my PC just restarts but only if i am in the heroselection screen.
Thats anyoing cause i get banned for 10 or 30 min and lose so many SRs cause i cant get back into the game.
so frustrating…

This happens to me too. settings are all on low.

Overwatch used to crash to desktop or lock-up in windowed mode or full-screen. Now it just restarts my PC in the hero-selection screen. I dropped out of Diamond into Gold because of this. Literally I don’t know when my PC will crash. No heating issues, no GPU or temp issues.

I even removed the NVIDIA registry issues with optimization. Divers are good.

I’m afraid to say that a lot of people have this same issue.

As soon as you get into hero selection screen, game crashes. We’ve seen it in our games in either team and it’s even happened to us. This occurs multiple times a day. It’s “routine” to have someone crash right at hero selection.

This happens to too many people to not be a personal PC issue.