Overwtach 2 extreme Fps drops even though there were no problem a Few days ago

Hey,

I am experiencing extreme fps drops even though it were running perfectly fine a few days ago.

My Pc Specs

I am playing the game on an Intel i3 with 8gb of Ram and an Amd Radeon rx 6500 xt.

Issue

The game previously was running consistently on around 130 - 150 (I capped my fps at 150) but ever since a week or so the game starts having extreme performances issues sometimes dropping to like 10 fps out of nowhere then back to around 100 fps on an extremely high rate.

Since when

In my case I started experiencing these problems ever since I had do download a smaller patch for the game around a week ago 2022-12-04T23:00:00Z

Things I already Tried

I tried scanning the files to see if any of them were broken and needed to be repaired and this didn’t help.
I tried reinstalling the game what actually seemed do fix the issue but only for one day and I still had noticeably less fps as usual (around 120 max but more often then not around 80 - 100).
I also tried some things I read on the internet like reducing threads (I’m not sure what it exactly does but I read on an article it could help so I tried), also tried capping my fps on 60 and even 30 and I didn’t help.
I also checked for new Gpu drivers and this also didn’t help.

I have seen that a lot of other people seen to have the same problem as me but I didn’t see an answer to the problem.

I am not an native English speaker so if anything written here is written weird or if you have any other question feel free to ask I’m gladly answering any of your questions if it means I get closer to fixing the issue.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing a very similar problem for the past few days as well and I’m still trying to find a solution to it. I tried similar things to fix it and even checked to see if there was a memory leak on my laptop. I’ve also watched the latency when this happens and it doesn’t seem to be affected.

Mine will drop to 20 - 40 fps and stay like that for several minutes before jumping back up to 90+ fps for a short time. And while 30-40 fps is still playable, it doesn’t make for a fun experience when it keeps happening during a match.