OWL Skins and Abilities

In OWL, the abilities of characters only change to match the correlating team skin as a spectator. I would like if when you use Genji for example, to have a
dragon that matches the owl skin. I’ve been grinding owl tokens for a Toronto Defiant Genji and the fact that I got some demon cyberninja look with some bright green ass dragon coming my sword turns me off. Opinions?

As you said its for spectator only.
In the game you need to know rapidly what’s going on and this is why the abilities are color coded depending of if they are allies or enemies.

Most of the time its red for ennemies and for the allies the ability take its base color .
Moira’s orbs for exemple, if you saw a yellow one you will immediately understand that its healing as Overwatch made yellow their key color for healing.
But if an enemy Moira throw a damage orb to you, you’ll saw it with a red color and your brain will immediately react to it as a danger

Now in Genji’s case a friendly Genji will always have green (or blue in the Baihu skin) effect while an enemy Genji will have red effect.
I let you imagine the panic you would cause if your Toronto Genji use his ult and your teammate saw the red dragon.

2 Likes

I never really thought of it that way but it would still be nice if I was the only person that could see it. I just don’t like the mismatching colors