Packet Loss Topic 2

idk if i’m doing something wrong but i’m really desperate

i’m the same person who created
eu.forums.blizzard .com/en/overwatch/t/packet-loss-topic-includes-winmtr-and-pathping/20919

and the problem is still there

like i said in my last post my ISP wasn’t able to help no matter how many times i called them

i know expecting a respond every time i send a post might be a little selfish of me but i believe i didn’t get a respond because that topic was already marked as “answered” or something like that.
i didn’t post anything else for 14 days cuz i was trying different stuff to solve the problem after 14 days of failure i had to ask again

so i’m creating a new topic in hopes of getting an answer even tho i don’t even know if there is anything u guys can do or not

i’m sincerely sorry for creating multiple topics

Hey there OnionSama!

Sorry if we missed your latest replies in your original topic, but since it was left inactive for some time it was a bit outside of our radar T_T

Anyhow, I have reviewed your entire case there, and I would like to take an alternative route for a second and ask you to try a very specific step.

In your previous post I noticed you mentioned having a Killer E2500, can you please make sure all the related software is once again up to date - latest version should have been released just a few days ago - and that the option “Bandwidth Control” is completely disabled in the Killer Network control center?

If you have other modules enabled (such as Gamefast for example) please try to disable those as well :slight_smile:

Test the game after, and let’s see if there is any difference!

1 Like

i’m not using any of the killer softwares

i’m using driver only packages and they are up to date
version: 2.2.3212 64-bit

Thank you for the update OnionSama!

Let’s try to have a look at this situation on a larger scale then. Can you please post the following?

• A copy of your system diagnostic files.
    Once created, please upload them o an external site (eg. Pastebin and post the links here using the “preformatted text” option </>
  • Results of one or two new WinMTR tests.
    Please leave them running for as long as you can, even a couple of hours if that’s not a problem for you… the longer you leave them running, the better :slight_smile:
1 Like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhf1wzau384u59e/Packet%20Loss%20Topic%20Stuff.rar?dl=0

Sadly Pastebin is banned in turkey so i can not connect to it without using a VPN
i don’t know any alternatives for pastebin so i just put all 4 of thoose txt files into a rar and dropboxed them

i hope that won’t be a problem for you.
If you know any good alternatives for pastebin i can send them again through thoose sites

now let me give you some additional information about thoose WinMTR’s

first of all instead of getting into the game and getting ips from Ctrl+Shift+N
i just used the ones that are given to us within the blizzards WinMTR page for overwatch europe

one that is named WinmtrLong185.60.112.157 is around 5-6 hours long but i actually kinda forget about it and used my pc like normal
i even did a whole molten core run when that was running
but we got an Eye of Sulfuras so it was worth it :smiley:
idk if its still usefull information or if its inaccurate

WinmtrShort185.60.114.159 is around 1 hour
maybe a little less than an hour but i didn’t even touched my computer when this one was going on so it should be more accurate

Hello OnionSama, thanks a million for the information!

Your system diagnostic files are not showing any specific problem, you do have a couple of applications running that can - potentially - cause issues but unlikely connection related.

In any case, just to be on the safe side I would like to ask you to restart your system in a selective startup mode and make sure that you do not have Wallpaper Engine and MSI Gaming App open while playing.
Please also make sure that your system is setup with a High Performance power management plan :slight_smile:

I am afraid however the story becomes a bit different when we are talking about the WinMTR test results, are those are showing problems, and sadly are confirming what we noticed already in your original post. I’ll quote part of the two tests here for context:

Long test:
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 22058 | 22058 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |
|host-213-14-0-225.reverse.superonline.net - 0 | 22060 | 22060 | 1 | 6 | 18 | 9 |
| 10.36.250.85 - 1 | 22032 | 22024 | 1 | 1 | 13 | 2 |

Short test:
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 5719 | 5719 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |
|host-213-14-0-225.reverse.superonline.net - 0 | 5720 | 5720 | 1 | 6 | 14 | 2 |
| 10.36.250.85 - 0 | 5721 | 5721 | 1 | 1 | 12 | 1 |

The above is basically the starting path of your routing, and is showing the traffic between your modem/router to what is likely the area cabinet used by your ISP, and the initial routing within the ISP internal network.

Both tests are showing a relatively high result in the “worst ping” for the second node, respectively with a 18ms and a 14ms. The long test is also showing some packet loss within the second and third node.

Now… a 18ms spike and a 1% packet loss may not seem like too big of an issue, but in reality this is far from the truth :frowning:
What this situation is causing, is what we can call a “waterfall effect”. The latency spike in the second node for example affects all the nodes that follow, and is the reason why in other parts of the tests you see the worst latency reading getting to an extremely high level.

What the tests are showing your case OnionSama, is that your connection seems to be affected by some sort of instability starting from the very beginning. Something happens either between your modem/router and the ISP cabinet or between the ISP cabinet and their internal network that is causing those spikes and the packet loss. This may be caused by a number of things, - network congestion or some kind of technical fault for example - but sadly it’s not something we can verify :frowning:

I am afraid that given all the information you provided us with in this and your other topic, your best option remains in keeping a bit of pressure on the ISP. Provide them with the WinMTR you created so far, and try insisting that they should check not your home network, but their internal one and potentially the cabinet in your area and the line from there to your home.

Sadly I can’t give you more details, but I hope this may be of help. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you OnionSama!

1 Like

on my original post third to last respond(my second to last respond) i said that i tried using my mobile data on my pc (through mobile hotspot/wi-fi hotspot) and the problem did occur again
i’m also using the same ISP for my mobile but i believe that kinda confirms the problem doesn’t happen between my modem/router and the ISP cabinet
Right ?

so it must be between ISP cabinet and their internal network i guess?

i think i can connect to my mobile data again and do another WinMTR but idk if that would give me any meaningful information

Edit: oh and i tried using selective startup with high performance power management plan
closed down Wallpaper Engine and tested the thing in custom matches
sadly it did occur again

its interesting that u also mentioned MSI Gaming App
i used to have that on my pc 2-3 years ago but not anymore

Hey there :slight_smile:

Of the three nodes I quoted earlier, any can be the potential root cause of the issue, unfortunately it’s not something that can be discovered via the tests :frowning:
You do have however a very good point with the mobile network, having used that definitely excludes a modem / router issue, so the very first node. As for the other two, they are indeed in the internal network of the ISP so it looks like the issue should be looked into there mostly.

Having more information doesn’t really hurt, but in all honesty another test may not offer much in terms of useful details :frowning:

The reason I mentioned it is related to a specific executable file that your msinfo shows are open and running with your system: muachost.exe

This file is part of the MSI Gaming App, if you have already removed it chances are that the file is only a remnant of the old installation. You may want to remove it manually though - should be in c:\windows\syswow64\muachost.exe - as for some reason it is still run in background every time you turn your system on :slight_smile:

1 Like