Penalty for leavers

in every single step there is a free will. do I wanna play OV tonight? do I wanna play this map? do I wanna play widow or genji or rein or w/e. do I wanna stay with this team? do I wanna use aim bot? do I wanna report some one? do I wanna speak in chat. do I wanna do objectives or run around like idiot after tracer? etc etc. it’s my choice and my consequences.
as I understand your choice is to care about some one else besides yourself. and it’s ok for you I guess. I choose other way, my way. and there are no moral disputes.
intelligence might show up different ways. like today I feel rly lazy to try hard to win. so I expect matchmaking to stick me with a team which would cary me :slightly_smiling_face:
so to conclude what I said, devs’ decision to punish leavers is extremely stupid, because none of both sides (leavers and “players of honor” (LUL)) are happy with it. that’s why stick with my proposal - “PERMA AVOID LIST”.

by the time you think you’ve choosen something you brain has already decided on that several milisecond ago…

what you percive as you making a choise is not actually you making that choice… that little neurological fact aside you only ever had one choice you could make…

Your brain was going to pick it in that situation regardless… there is no way you could have picked any other choice then the one you did…

there is no magical mystical random number generator or anything involved…
in that respect your no different from a robot… just more squishy and gross…

so its actually not my free will who ragequits? GREAT! I’m not to blame then at all! Its ma brain, bro!"!! Gotta expand this to a list of other things I need a good excuse for, lets see how it works out.

well technically yes… in a fashion… guilt in an illusion… this goes back to why i called it a useful lie…

However as i mentioned before i base my morality largely on intelligent self interest… and in thinking in the long term…

no one ever makes a moral choice in the moment… all that stuff is backed up by what you’ve done and learnt before the event…

I just try to encourage everyone to think a bit further ahead and consider consequences of acting in certain ways…

People will always cheat in social situations and in that case one can only apply game theory… (not the youtube channel… i’m referring to the branch of mathematics)

I mean if the world ends in the next 30 minutes then by all means just leave
when ever you want … but if that is not the case then your action carries consequences…