Penalty for lost connection

Today I was playing Competitive when I was thrown out from the server. Of course, Overwatch couldn’t restore connetcion so I had to relogin. When I returned to the match, we finished the second round and won it. For that I was rewarded with penalty of ~50 PTR and 30 min ban.

So, really, Blizzard? That’s what I earned?

1 Like

everything else other than blaming you for your connection losses would be abusable to hell.

1 Like

Of course it’s my fault that my provider humps me last couple of days. So I’ve got my punishment and lost a couple of minutes I could be playing. But after that it all turned out well, I came back and we won that match. So why the heck I should lose 50 (fifty, that’s sounds like two Defeats to me, am I right?) PTR? Isn’t that ban enough for me and my bad connection?

P.S. Also, is this what they call a “toxic behavior” in the US?

1 Like

You need the 50 minus cause you left x amount of time, i cant remember how long it is 30 sec, 1 min or 2 min. But otherwise you wont, i would like the idea, that you lose more SR, the longer you are aware from the match and winning the match while still in it, will allow you to gain the win as a subtraction from the minus. Netting you overall a lesser punishment, as a reward for still helping out your team. This would allow punishments to scale with how badly they impact your team, while not allowing abusing to occur.

1 Like

The penelty should be less if you re-join in x amount of time…
Instead of only using a whip they should use a carrot to! Make an inceptive to make ppl join back!

there is an incentive. you are not going to be temp banned from comp, if you return within a minute or so.

If Overwatch will crash, or lose connection to server forcing you to restart it, you may not be able to make it in time. So after 2 minutes it doesn’t matter, what did your disconnect cost to your team, a 2 minutes setback or losing the match - you will get a 2 defeats penalty anyway.

you can prevent SR loss from a defeat at least, if you manage to not lose eventually.

Re-joining isn’t possible for me after i lost connection. So that’s great. :))