Ping spike and high ping

Hello I have 2 problems im dealing with.

the first one is the high ping I have in game compared to the cmd test.
first of all im from the middle east, my ping in game used to be around 70+
when I do cmd test with EU servers (ping 185.60.114.159/157 -t) I get an avarge of 77 ping which is fine.
in game my ping is around 90 to 100. my question is why? my connection is good, my download speed is fine what cause the high ping?

second problem is ping spikes. it started a week ago , my ping go from lets say 90 to 150 for a second then back to 90… it happens every 5 to 10 seconds. at this time I see people teleporting or my screen simply freeze and I have to wait for a second for it to run again.
I dont understand why I have this problem, my connection with the router is good and consistant without ping spikes (checking by pinging my ip with cmd).
I tried to reinstall the game, tried flushing DNS, reset my router, updated all drivers.

today I had that ping spike freeze and this is the error I got:

[1888] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-05-25T17:37:18.497Z]: Network: [20190525T20:37:18] {a50} ERR: network dispatcher: action posted after shutdown

can you help me maybe? the game is unplayable for me.

P.S- my pc is new and very good, i7 9700k, rtx 2080ti, 16ram 3200mhz… good enough to run overwatch without any problem.

3 Likes

Seems to be a problem on blizzard’s end, not the one playing. I have the same problem. We’ll probably just have to wait until (/if) they fix it.

The problem is noone on Blizzard’s behalf has responded to those multiple issues. At least let the playerbase know that they’re actually working on fixing it

1 Like

Same issue, sudden latency pike from 70 ms to 500 - 1000 ms, it has never happened in OW1.
In OW2 it happens so often!

BLIZZARD, FIX YOUR BAD SERVERS IN EUROPE

2 Likes

This is happening to me in every game multiple times, my usual ping is 30-40, but it goes up to 600-700, which means for about 30 seconds I’m skidding all over the place trying to stay alive and heal people.

None of my other games are having issues…

1 Like